NFC Playoff Race - who's making it in?

49ersfan

I was confident Rams would be the 6 seed but after their very underwhelming loss to Pittsburgh and Minnesotas very impressive win against Dallas, I think Minnesota gets the sixth seed. 

Probably Minnesota 10-6

Rams 9-7

Dallas and Philadelphia could both finish 9-7. Or I could see Dallas going 10-6 and winning the division. The lesser team is not getting a wildcard though. Minnesota has both tie breakers. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Seattle will not beat us in week 17. Took 5 injuries 3 turnovers 9 drops and a misaed gw FG to beat us. If healthy by that game we beat them. 

You also survived 3 dropped interceptions and not even the kind that are hard. Right in the chest dropped interceptions. 

12 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

We had injuries too. Took 3 drop interceptions, two bad fumble to keep it in the game.

Jimmy could of had like 12 INTs that game actually.

And let's not forget CenturyLink is wayyyyy tougher to play in than Levis.....

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think my boys have a legit chance as a no.1 seed. A lot of football to play, but I like the last 6 games. I love having the bye where we do this year.

They are going to the SB if they get the #1 seed IMO. Probably win it all as well.

If they settle for #2 though, I think they will get bounced out by whoever the home team is, especially if it's the Saints.

I just don't see the Packers winning on the road in the playoffs this year. Their defense is very good but definitely not great.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They are going to the SB if they get the #1 seed IMO. Probably win it all as well.

If they settle for #2 though, I think they will get bounced out by whoever the home team is, especially if it's the Saints.

I just don't see the Packers winning on the road in the playoffs this year. Their defense is very good but definitely not great.

I could see that. honestly the Saints, and Seahawks (Wilson) are the ones that give me the most worry. The defense really can't stop the run. San Fran will be a huge test, especially how well the team preformed the last time going out west. Like I said before a lot of football left, but the NFC seeding should be pretty fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

I could see that. honestly the Saints, and Seahawks (Wilson) are the ones that give me the most worry. The defense really can't stop the run. San Fran will be a huge test, especially how well the team preformed the last time going out west. Like I said before a lot of football left, but the NFC seeding should be pretty fun to watch.

Rodgers has never won at US Bank. Doubt it changes this year

• Like 3

NFC playoff picture is actually surprising clear for me considering we've still got 7 weeks left, and there's a pretty clear 7 teams that are in position to make it in. Can't completely count the Rams and Panthers out, but I don't take them that seriously as threats, not when their division winners are going to win 12+ and the 2 WC spots will likely be occupied by 11+ win teams.

1. Saints 13-3
  2. 49ers 13-3
  3. Packers 12-4
  4. Cowboys 9-7
  5. Seahakws 11-5
  6. Vikings 11-5

Eagles 9-7, Rams 9-7, Panthers 8-8

4 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Seattle will not beat us in week 17. Took 5 injuries 3 turnovers 9 drops and a misaed gw FG to beat us. If healthy by that game we beat them. 

You also had fortunate breaks. Dk easily could have scored and you had a Russ and OL fumble to get out of a big hole. Seattle was far and away the better team 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Current standings 

Current playoff standings - Remaining SoS

1. 49ers (8-1) - .614

2. Packers (8-2) - .455

3. Saints (7-2) - .516

4. Cowboys (5-4) - .516

5. Seahawks (8-2) - .598

6. Vikings (7-3) - .535

In the hunt: Panthers (5-4) - .500, Rams (5-4) - .591, Eagles (5-4) - .424

Adding SoS to current standings for reference!

My guess: 

(1) Packers - 13-3

(2) Saints - 13-3

(3) 49ers - 12-4 OR Seattle 12-4 (not sure of tiebreaker)

(4) Cowboys - 10-6

(5) 49ers - 12-4 OR Seattle 12-4 (not sure of tiebreaker)

(6) Vikings - 11-5