NFC Playoff Race - who's making it in?

49ersfan

1. 49ers (12-3)

2. Saints (12-3)

3. Packers (11-3)

4. Eagles (8-7)

5. Seahawks (11-4)

6. Vikings (10-4)

In the hunt: Cowboys (7-8) for the NFCE. Cowboys need to beat the Redskins and have the Eagles lose to the Giants. Thats a very possible scenario (Eagles had to overcome a 14 point deficit to beat the Giants 2 weeks ago). NFCE very much in the air. If i had to choose one team, it'd be the Eagles, but who knows. 

Besides that, its basically seeding up in the air. But there's ton of scenarios still left. Niners could go to the 6th seed with 2 Vikings wins and losing. Seahawks could be the 2 seed or 5. Vikings could be 6 or win the division (not sure which seed they could take with all the tiebreakers). And all 5 teams could be 12-4 which would b some chaos. 

Week 17 games to watch - Packers-Lions, Bears-Vikings, Saints-Panthers (all 3 at 1 PM EST), Eagles-Giants, Cowboys-Redskins (both at 4 PM EST), 49ers-Seahawks (SNF)

18 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

A lot will be known if Packers win today because then Vikings are locked into 6th seed I believe.

If 49ers, Saints and GB all finish on 13 wins who misses a top 2 seed?

Saints I believe. All three of their losses are against NFC opponents.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

A lot will be known if Packers win today because then Vikings are locked into 6th seed I believe.

If 49ers, Saints and GB all finish on 13 wins who misses a top 2 seed?

I could end up being wrong on this, but I think, win or lose tonight, the Vikings are pretty much assured the #5 seed after Seattle lost to Arizona.  I don't expect the Vikings to lose tonight though.  They don't lose at home very often and have yet to lose to the Packers in US Bank Stadium.  They have a pretty good home-field advantage in that building.  They are the only team in the league that has not lost a game at home this season.  Call me a homer if you want to, but I'm expecting a fairly comfortable margin of victory. 

Vikings 30 - Packers 16

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Saints I believe. All three of their losses are against NFC opponents.

Correct, this is 2011 all over again. 15-1 Packers get the #1 seed, 13-3 49ers get the #2 seed and the 13-3 Saints get the #3 seed. Obviously in this case the Packers aren't 15-1 but the Saints get the short end of the stick and don't get a 1st round bye. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I could end up being wrong on this, but I think, win or lose tonight, the Vikings are pretty much assured the #5 seed after Seattle lost to Arizona.  I don't expect the Vikings to lose tonight though.  They don't lose at home very often and have yet to lose to the Packers in US Bank Stadium.  They have a pretty good home-field advantage in that building.  They are the only team in the league that has not lost a game at home this season.  Call me a homer if you want to, but I'm expecting a fairly comfortable margin of victory. 

Vikings 30 - Packers 16

If you lose tonight, you would be the 6 if Seattle loses next week to the 49ers. Even if you won the finale, Seattle has the tie breaker over you. 

On 12/10/2019 at 8:38 PM, KOTN-93 said:

Then call me Johnny and it might be a sin but I'll take your bet your gonna regret cause in my lifetime this is the most complete Vikings team thats ever been.

You Win if the Vikings don't reach the NFCCG. I win if they do. Deal? 

Remember this poor soul. As he walks lost. 

Remeber this man. As he hasn’t eaten in a week. 

Remeber this poor human. As he hasn’t learned. 

HES BOUT TO BE RAMMAFIED..

DUDLEYBOYS WEIRD DANCE**

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Vikings 30 - Packers 16

This aged well

3 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Remember this poor soul. As he walks lost. 

Remeber this man. As he hasn’t eaten in a week. 

Remeber this poor human. As he hasn’t learned. 

HES BOUT TO BE RAMMAFIED..

DUDLEYBOYS WEIRD DANCE**

You haven't won yet Rammy.  He might still win.  Heck, the Vikings might even beat the Rams in the NFCCG...  Oh yeah, I guess that matchup isn't going to happen this year.  :D

• 4 weeks later...