Astros Stole Signs in 2017

hrubes20

I'd love some comments from guys on the team to own up to it. You know what's weird though, why is this coming up now? If they knew about it previously, why wasn't anything said or done? It's not the first or last time it will happen for any team. It's a shame though cause you still have to be able to physically do it and come through but that's all a moot point.

NY Post:

Carlos Beltran, a member of the 2017 Astros, denied knowledge of a camera that his team allegedly used to electronically steal signs that season, claiming that the World Series champions stole signs organically and legally.

“I’m not aware of that camera,” Beltran told The Post in a text message exchange. “We were studying the opposite team every day.”

Beltran, who is well-regarded for his baseball IQ and was named Mets manager earlier this offseason, insisted the Astros only stole signs from standing on second base.

///////////////////

Note - the JOMBOY video sequence was shot w/o anyone on second base. 

17 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Does this mean they were doing it I  2018 and 2019 and still lost?

The article claims that they stopped doing it in the postseason because the crowds are too loud for it to work. Otherwise I don't think they'd go 0-4 at home and 3-0 on the road in the WS. 

In 2017 and 2018 the Astros had a better record on the road than at home. This year a better record at home. That's interesting.