Han Shot First

MKnight82

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So it was done when he added Hayden as Darth Vader's Force Ghost at the end of ROTJ?  

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/12/20961173/disney-plus-star-wars-han-solo-greedo-new-hope-edit-george-lucas

"The change was “made by George made prior to the Disney acquisition,” a Disney representative told The Verge. "

On 11/12/2019 at 10:13 PM, SwoleXmad said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/12/20961173/disney-plus-star-wars-han-solo-greedo-new-hope-edit-george-lucas

"The change was “made by George made prior to the Disney acquisition,” a Disney representative told The Verge. "

This reminds me of that "Rome" scene with Marc Anthony finding more scrolls with appointments of people to the senate by Julius Ceaser to which Marcus Cicero replies "Oh another lucky find of Ceaser's last testaments?"

Lucas doesn't really have a say anymore but he's a very convenient prop to legitimize something when they want people to take it as fact. 

On 11/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, Calvert28 said:

This reminds me of that "Rome" scene with Marc Anthony finding more scrolls with appointments of people to the senate by Julius Ceaser to which Marcus Cicero replies "Oh another lucky find of Ceaser's last testaments?"

Lucas doesn't really have a say anymore but he's a very convenient prop to legitimize something when they want people to take it as fact. 

Or........it's just going to be a running gag when a new cut or edit of the films are released that something is changed with the Greedo scene.  

40 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Or........it's just going to be a running gag when a new cut or edit of the films are released that something is changed with the Greedo scene.  

ah, thats a good idea. Next time, maybe neither of them shoot and resolve their differences amicably 

Edited by Malfatron

49 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Disney should only have the original theatrical version on there.  Some internet raging fanboy should make this a petition or something.

Or you should just start buying blu rays/DVDs.  I have the damn VHS of the original three Star Wars movies.  Ain't nobody changing my movies. 

• Like 1