Does Tomlin Deserve Any Credit for This Season?

footbull3196

My life is average  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much credit does Mike Tomlin deserve for helping to keep Pittsburgh competitive this season?

• None (0%)
    • A little (up to 25%)
    • Some (up to 50%)
    • Majority (up to 75%)
    • Vast majority (Up to 100%)

7 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Seems like the FF consensus is that he is largely to thank for our success, so if we win the majority of the rest of our schedule and make the playoffs, does he win COTY?

I would think without question he would win it.  If there was a point in time in his career to where I could point to a situation that I think he should have won the award, it would be in 2010 after he helped lead them to 12-4 and the Super Bowl despite missing Ben for the first 4 games (they went 3-1 in those with Dennis Dixon and Charlie batch at qb)

14 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Seems like the FF consensus is that he is largely to thank for our success, so if we win the majority of the rest of our schedule and make the playoffs, does he win COTY?

He'd be on my list but so many good candidates this year. I'd also like Payton, Shanahan, Carroll, and Lafleur for whoever gets byes. Reich wins it for me if he wins the South and Harbaugh is high on my list. 

Tomlin deserves a LOT of credit.  I think most of us had the Steelers written off after the buffoonery and departure of Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell last season.  Ben Roethlisberger isn't getting any younger either.  I give Mike Tomlin a ton of credit for keeping this thing afloat in the midst of all that.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

He would definitely be in the conversation as far as I'm concerned.  If that happens and the Raiders make the playoffs, it would come down to either Tomlin or Gruden in my book.

Edited by Uncle Buck

29 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Tomlin deserves a LOT of credit.  I think most of us had the Steelers written off after the buffoonery and departure of Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell last season.  Ben Roethlisberger isn't getting any younger either.  I give Mike Tomlin a ton of credit for keeping this thing afloat in the midst of all that.

Yea Tomlin deserves a bunch of credit.  After the AB situation and seeing what they’ve done without Ben, shows to me that Tomlin has been a very underrated coach by many.

• Like 1

The Steelers were never bad

• They lost to New England (yes, it was a very bad day)
  • They lost to the Seahawks by 2
  • They lost to the 49ers by 4.
  • They lost to the Ravens by 3 in OT.

Those teams are a combined 31-6 right now. How did they ever get off to a 1-4 start against them?

Their schedule was just the reverse of the Cowboys (NY, Miami, DC to start)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

If he deserves blame when a talented team under performs, he deserves credit with a less talented team over performs. 

THIS SO MUCH!

I'll be the first to admit I've been a huge critic of his in recent seasons. That 4th and 1 play, my madden mind kicked and I said to myself I'd go for it.

I mean....its 4th and 1 from their own 30...I was probably out of my ever loving mind. Then they did go for it. Calling a really good play, sending 2 receivers to the flat and making the defender pick one. Rudolph threw it to the guy not covered. The play was a bit sloppy tbh.

But that took Bull Balls. Tomlin made a statement he believed his team could win.

• Like 2