Does Tomlin Deserve Any Credit for This Season?

footbull3196

My life is average  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much credit does Mike Tomlin deserve for helping to keep Pittsburgh competitive this season?

• None (0%)
    • A little (up to 25%)
    • Some (up to 50%)
    • Majority (up to 75%)
    • Vast majority (Up to 100%)

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

How about Kevin Colbert?? That first for Minkah looks like chump change at this point.

It's funny--everyone, including most Steelers' fans--were calling for his head, saying it was the dumbest trade of the year; now he looks like a genius.  Even if they do not win another game all season, it certainly seems highly unlikely the Steelers would have found a comparable talent with their pick...

Proven 23YO NFL starter vs unproven 'possible' stellar talent...as they say..."bird in the hand..."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

It's funny--everyone, including most Steelers' fans--were calling for his head, saying it was the dumbest trade of the year; now he looks like a genius.  Even if they do not win another game all season, it certainly seems highly unlikely the Steelers would have found a comparable talent with their pick...

Proven 23YO NFL starter vs unproven 'possible' stellar talent...as they say..."bird in the hand..."

Not eveennnnnnn that!!! Everyone pimped out the Ramsey trade yet Minkah was cheaper contract and compensation.  Him, Watt, and Bush are studs at every level of that d.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Idk man, I liked it. I was probably in the minority but I've always liked Minkah. I think I was one of the few that said in the Steelers forum I didnt care if it cost a 1st. 

It was definitely a great trade. I had some reservations about it but believed we were getting good value. Never did I think we were getting a potential DPOY

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Idk man, I liked it. I was probably in the minority but I've always liked Minkah. I think I was one of the few that said in the Steelers forum I didnt care if it cost a 1st. 

It was definitely a great trade. I had some reservations about it but believed we were getting good value. Never did I think we were getting a potential DPOY

I didn't mean to insinuate that you, or EVERY Steeler fan hated it--in fact, I'd say that many were cautiously optimistic--but as you know, there were a ton of 'haters' of the trade.

• Like 2

And Ramsey is STILL getting a majority of the press; ESPN just 'splashed', at the top of their NFL page, an entire article devoted to how Ramsey 'gets in peoples head'...I just think it's funny that that the rams were mostly 'lauded' for landing Ramsey, and yet, Tomlin/Colbert/Steelers were ridiculed by more pundits than not. And ESPN can try to spin how much of an impact Ramsey has had on the Rams all they want, but the fact of the matter is Minkah has had AT LEAST as much if an impact as Ramsey did in his first 3 games with the Steelers, is younger,  cost less in draft capitla spent, is cheaper, and under control for another 3 seasons.

And Colbert didn't act in a vacuum; Tomlin had to be a big supporter of this for it to go down. Anyone who thinks Tomlin wasn't a major 'player' in the decision to go after Minkah is fooling themselves, so that point, in concert with everything else he's accomplished this season...aaaannnnd...any part, which I am confident Tomlin played a major role in, to how AB was handled at the end of the last season, and Bell, as well, has turned out, to be smart moves all around...                                                                                                                                                                                                     

27 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

And Ramsey is STILL getting a majority of the press; ESPN just 'splashed', at the top of their NFL page, an entire article devoted to how Ramsey 'gets in peoples head'...I just think it's funny that that the rams were mostly 'lauded' for landing Ramsey, and yet, Tomlin/Colbert/Steelers were ridiculed by more pundits than not. And ESPN can try to spin how much of an impact Ramsey has had on the Rams all they want, but the fact of the matter is Minkah has had AT LEAST as much if an impact as Ramsey did in his first 3 games with the Steelers, is younger,  cost less in draft capitla spent, is cheaper, and under control for another 3 seasons.

And Colbert didn't act in a vacuum; Tomlin had to be a big supporter of this for it to go down. Anyone who thinks Tomlin wasn't a major 'player' in the decision to go after Minkah is fooling themselves, so that point, in concert with everything else he's accomplished this season...aaaannnnd...any part, which I am confident Tomlin played a major role in, to how AB was handled at the end of the last season, and Bell, as well, has turned out, to be smart moves all around...                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Simple minded articles for simple minded masses.

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Steelers were never bad

• They lost to New England (yes, it was a very bad day)
  • They lost to the Seahawks by 2
  • They lost to the 49ers by 4.
  • They lost to the Ravens by 3 in OT.

Those teams are a combined 31-6 right now. How did they ever get off to a 1-4 start against them?

Their schedule was just the reverse of the Cowboys (NY, Miami, DC to start)

If Ben never went down I think it would be very reasonable for us to only have 1 loss, assuming we still traded for Minkah.

• Like 1