NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

4-20 in his last 24 starts

• 192 yards passing per game over that stretch. (as a veteran QB)
  • 58.3% completions.
  • 82 sacks for a mobile guy! (3.4 per game)
  • A sack percentage around 10 for a QB in years 4-6 is pathetic. It means he has no idea how to play the position yet.
    • Gabbert had a 7.4% on the same team (the reality of that guy is so inconvenient)
      • An 8-games-each comparison in 2015 is really very sad (Kaep is in bold below for 2015)
        • 27th in ANY/A
        • 18th in completion%
        • 22nd in yards per attempt
        • 27th in TD%
        • 33rd in QBR
        • 27th in QB rating

Here are some of his rankings the last 3 years:

• ANY/A  - 25th, 30th, 25th
  • Completion % - 24th, 30th, 26th
  • yards per attempt - 24th, 32nd, 24th
  • TD % - 21st, 33rd, 13th
  • QBR - 16th, 30th, 21st
  • QB Rating: 20th, 31st, 17th

Anyone pretending he was a good QB when they 49ers stopped being a great team is just lying for an agenda.

You can also find Nick Foles at the bottom of lots of those statistics in 2014-15.

• He was thrown out of STL/LA like garbage on HBO (even though his high of 2013 was just as good as Kaep's 13-14)

He was not a social media clown. He humbled himself as a backup for KC and then Philly. He worked his butt off and he earned his way back by performance.

What was Kaepernick doing in those years after he lost his job? Suing the league, letting fools speak for him, and being the face of Nike as professional victim.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Any critique of Kaepernick can be attributed to most Quarterbacks in the league. They all have flaws that are masked through good coaching. So if he isnt afforded that then there’s an issue. 

Rodgers and Mahomes are the only two QBs close to flawless.

Absolutely. There are a lot worse QBs in the league who haven't had anywhere near the peaks of Kaepernick either that have managed to stay in the league. Case Keenum is a very limited and flawed QB and he's STARTING because he had one moderately efficient season on a loaded team. Joe Flacco has been below average going on 5 seasons now.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Lead with snark (which you have in your posts in this thread), don't be surprised when you get it in return.  Turnabout is fair play, bruh.

I keep hearing all about this "media circus not being worth it for a backup QB."  When was the last time you saw a backup QB who wasn't a high recent draft pick made available to the media for comment?  Yes, I'm sure ESP(N) (I won't call them News because outside of Schefter and Mortensen, at least where football is concerned, they're vastly more opinion than news) will try to stir the pot in the name of "controversy creates cash," but - and I'll weigh to @J-ALL-DAY and @Forge on this because they saw far more local press coverage and team press conferences during the span of his protest - it's not like Kaep was squaring up in front of any microphone shoved in front of him to deliver Marcus Garvey-esque diatribes.  It's almost as if people don't believe that a player or coach couldn't or wouldn't do for the benefit of the team what Webby does here plenty for the benefit of his site in asking/telling reporters to "keep it to football."

There were so many myths thrown around after the season making excuses/lies about why Kaepernick wasn't singed. One of them were about the media circus. Like ask any Niners fan, there was a big commotion early on in the preaseason when it was first seen of him kneeling, and then the few weeks for when he took over as the starter. After that? There was nothing. Back to normal and he was far from any distraction. Here is what Torrey Smith said about what happened that season:

Torrey Smith, current Eagles wide receiver and Kaepernick's teammate last year, was in the 49ers locker room through it all last year: the national anthem protest, the backlash, the Time magazine cover and Kaepernick's re-emergence as the 49ers starting quarterback. Here is his take on the epic, allegedly franchise-crippling distraction he dealt with:

"It's only a distraction when you people ask about it."

Even the questions from overheated reporters didn't last long, Smith said Wednesday at Eagles OTAs in Philadelphia.

"It died down, for sure. Initially, in the locker room, guys were talking about it. But it died down. It got to the point with us where we were like, 'This is what he's going to do. It's gonna be 90 seconds before the game, and that's it.' It wasn't a big deal at the end of the day."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712849-the-nfl-media-circus-is-a-myth-not-an-excuse-to-avoid-colin-kaepernick

From Chip Kelly:

"Kap was awesome. At the beginning of the year, [he] made a stance in terms of what he believes is right, and we recognized and supported his ability to do that, but he never brought that into the locker room," Kelly explained. "We had a meeting the day after the Green Bay game, that he did it in the preseason, and he explained to all the players his thought process and mindset for what he was doing. And there were some players who agreed with him and there were some players who didn't agree with him. 

"After that point, we heard from the outside about what a distraction it is. Except those people aren't in our locker room and it never was a distraction. And Kap never brought that and never turned it into a circus ... came to work every day, extremely diligent in terms of his preparation, in terms of his work ethic in the weight room, in terms of his work ethic in the meeting room, and I really enjoyed Kap. I've talked to Kap three or four times since we both left San Francisco. I know he's working out really hard in New York right now and I think he's a really good person and a really good player and I really enjoyed coaching him."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chip-kelly-says-colin-kaepernick-was-never-a-distraction-will-be-better-in-2017/

The ones talking about the "media circus" or "distraction" are the ones wanting to turn this into just that. That just isn't reality though. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

My prediction: He's going to sign with the Pats.

They're one of the only teams that can handle and effectively shut out a media circus. The road to the AFC title for them most likely goes through beating some combination of Lamar, DeShaun, and Mahomes. Belichek is going to bring Kap in so that he can spend the next month and a half prepping effectively not just for the games he has left against Houston and KC but also for the playoffs where he needs to have his defense locked in against zone reads and scramble drills. The Ravens game just upped the urgency for them on that front so I would not be surprised if they initiated some conversations with the league around Kap afterwards that resulted in this workout coming together. 

Kap is an A+ scout team QB for that role, not to mention he's also an upgrade over Stidham if something happens to Brady. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The ones talking about the "media circus" or "distraction" are the ones wanting to turn this into just that. That just isn't reality though. 

This has to be the worst hot take of all time.

Chip Kelly says Kaepernick is not a media circus so that alters reality?

He is already a media circus without playing. Are you honestly trying to spin that he won't be a media circus if he signs on with a new team?

Everyone will just ignore the fact that he is back? That he said what he said and did what he did? That he is 100% unapologetic for everything that offended anyone?

• from socks, to shirts, to 4th of July, to Thanksgiving, to Django Ravens?
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This has to be the worst hot take of all time.

Chip Kelly says Kaepernick is not a media circus so that alters reality?

He is already a media circus without playing. Are you honestly trying to spin that he won't be a media circus if he signs on with a new team?

Everyone will just ignore the fact that he is back? That he said what he said and did what he did? That he is 100% unapologetic for everything that offended anyone?

• from socks, to shirts, to 4th of July, to Thanksgiving, to Django Ravens?

Hot take? Anything but a hot take. I'm telling you what his teammate/coaches thought of all this and what actually happened. Please do tell what kind of distraction Kap was in 2016. Please do tell what was going on a weekly basis that season and just how big of a distraction he was......

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The greatest trick teams pulled was convincing people Kaepernick wasn't a good QB.

The greatest trick box scores pulled was convincing people Kaepernick was a good QB. 

I watched every snap he ever took. He wasn't a good QB. He took the league by storm when they couldn't figure out the Read/Option. And then he declined every year after that height once teams figured that out and he had to rely on being a quarterback. He was a one read quarterback who locked in on a preferred receiver, or he took off in a straight line. If there was nobody in that straight line - he was impossible to stop, no question. If there was someone there - he was very easy to stop. He would never roll out at an angle to avoid pass rushers, he would run directly into them. And he had the most annoying habit of scrambling toward the sideline and instead of throwing the ball away, taking a 5-yard loss for no reason whatsoever. 

He had a rocket arm - and no other option. He would rocket the ball to the receiver on screens, deep throws, medium throws - didn't matter. The ball was always a rocket. There are times when that's important. There are times when that is disastrous.

And worst of all - within games, defenses could adjust to him. But he couldn't adjust to defenses. Just look at his career splits: 

Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Quarter 1st Qtr 235 382 147 61.52 2835 18 141 7 92.3 35   7.4 7.54 86 567 6.6 2 35
  2nd Qtr 302 471 169 64.12 3863 25 174 7 101.2 49   8.2 8.59 107 619 5.8 4 32
  3rd Qtr 218 386 168 56.48 2678 17 129 6 86.3 38   6.9 7.12 61 515 8.4 1 22
  4th Qtr 249 441 192 56.46 2838 12 130 10 75.6 47   6.4 5.96 119 583 4.9 6 30

He's the type of guy that could probably start over a few starters in the league, and would be a strong backup for sure, but that doesn't make him a good QB. 

• Like 4

He self-immolated his own career.

• If you are for him then honor his sacrifice xD
  • If you find him disgusting then realize its all his own fault.

Either way, pretending he is victim rather than instigator is lazy and dishonest.

A campaign of middle finger politics gets you what you deserve. Ask the Dixie Chicks about it.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 4

I don’t care about Kaepernick’s distractions, I just don’t think he’s a very good QB at this point.  Better than some garbage starters?  Sure, but not someone you really want to go out and get.

Maybe he proves me wrong, and if so, good for him.