NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

he would be the perfect backup to Lamar ..but I guess they are fine with RG3

Your second comment would be correct. RG3 has been a great teammate and mentor and is a good emergency option. No reason to upset current team chemistry/construction for a player you hope to never use. 

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Kind of is.

I mean, we can all have our red, white and blue stances on things, but if you’re gonna say he’s not one of the top 64-96 qb’s in the league I’m going to say you’re blind or a BSer.

Is he good enough to be an “obvious starter”?  No, probably not, but crappier players have regular, consistent gigs in this league.  I’m not sure that’s even debatable at this point.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we can all have our red, white and blue stances on things, but if you’re gonna say he’s not one of the top 64-96 qb’s in the league I’m going to say you’re blind or a BSer.

Is he good enough to be an “obvious starter”?  No, probably not, but crappier players have regular, consistent gigs in this league.  I’m not sure that’s even debatable at this point.

The dude hasn’t played in three years. The last time we saw him on the field he wasn’t any good and that was with a coach that ran a system to his strengths. I can promise you he hasn’t gotten better since he’s been away. I mean, if someone signs him then more power to Kaep but the guy isn’t a good player. This whole thing is just odd.  

• Like 2

I don't really think Kaepernick works out as a back-up.  The amount of attention and press he draws would be Godly and that's not worth it for a back-up QB who doesn't even play.  If he can still play, then make him the starter in Chicago lol.  The Bears essentially don't have a starting QB right now, so I don't really see what they would have to lose.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You can't make this statement, no one has seen this guy play in 3 years.  

He's still better than Jay Cutler coming out of retirement, I would bet on that.

Or even Josh Jonhson who went 3 years without playing to start with the Redskins in 2018.

• Like 6