NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Did he really?! Not surprising. As good as he is I hope he doesn't go and take the spotlight away from Kap

I'm pretty sure I read something that he was willing to go catch passes from Kaepernick.

But you're right, he doesn't need to be there and bring a different type of circus to the workout. This will be Kaepernick's last chance of getting another shot in this league. 

22 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

lolololol...

How has no one identified the most likely outcome of this whole thing?

Some Saturday evening NFL reporter: "While teams in attendance failed to come away from this inspired to sign Colin Kaepernick to a contract, representatives for at least one team tell us that they were 'truly inspired' with the manner in which Jackson managed the workout.  To this extent, Hue could be considered a dark horse candidate for a 2020 head coaching vacancy."

• Like 3

If he can land a spot, good for him.  That said, coming from someone who watched every snap he ever took, I have this to say: "Good luck with that."

I lived in Reno when he played for UNR.  His first start, against the Bears, was on my 35th birthday.  I was so excited to see what he could do for the team.  He brought something different than Alex Smith.  But, that all slowly declined over time.  By the end of his career in San Francisco, I was completely done with him.  That season stat of 16 TDs to 4 INTs does not even come close to telling the real story.  As others have already stated, roughly 5 years as a starter, and he was still a one-read quarterback.  He would literally lock on to one player and if that guy was well covered, he just ran for the sideline.  Incredibly predictable.  Yes, occasionally, while running to the sideline, he would make an incredible throw to some guy running back towards him.  And, for a few minutes, we as fans, forgave him.  Rinse, repeat.  

I read that he said he's been in great physical shape for the past 3 years.  That's great, but his physical shape was never the problem.  It was his inability to learn the game and adapt.  And, I don't know how being out of the league for three years and not going to daily/weekly practices helps his case, but hey....I hope someone gives him a shot so this can all be laid to rest one way or another.  Good luck, Colin. 

• Like 1

really want the steelers to go after him to take over after ben retires and be the guy this season too

i explained it in the thread in the steelers forum but i firmly believed that a team that doesn’t have a mobile guy already would struggle to retool the offense around his unique set of skills, and because of my personal political views i never had any issue with the protests which is a disqualifier for some people

however

the way that baltimore and houston have retooled their offenses in such a short timespan is enough for me to concede that i was wrong to say he’d be too much hassle for an offense bringing him in, and i would happily welcome him to the fold for 2019 and for the future after ben hangs up his cleats, which is the near future

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

really want the steelers to go after him to take over after ben retires and be the guy this season too

i explained it in the thread in the steelers forum but i firmly believed that a team that doesn’t have a mobile guy already would struggle to retool the offense around his unique set of skills, and because of my personal political views i never had any issue with the protests which is a disqualifier for some people

however

the way that baltimore and houston have retooled their offenses in such a short timespan is enough for me to concede that i was wrong to say he’d be too much hassle for an offense bringing him in, and i would happily welcome him to the fold for 2019 and for the future after ben hangs up his cleats, which is the near future

Unfortunately, Kaepernick is not Wilson, Murray or Jackson. Those 3 are quicker, more nimble, better passers and thinkers than Kaepernick. 

• Like 1