NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

HE WANTED A JOB INTERVIEW and THE NFL GRANTED IT! You want a job, you show up with the employer arranges the interview! 

So this doesn't change that it was a last minute sloppy job done by the NFL. If they didn't actually want to give him a chance then they should have left the entire thing alone then.

Just now, Xenos said:

So this doesn't change that it was a last minute sloppy job done by the NFL. If they didn't actually want to give him a chance then they should have left the entire thing alone then.

They gave him a chance. They didn’t have to give him a chance. You don’t get to dictate your interview with your potential employer. That’s the way life goes. 

• Like 2

Just now, Xenos said:

It was widely reported that there were teams that had genuine interest. Stephen A. Smith suggested he was going to get signed, it was imminent if he put on a good work out. You suggesting they 'didn't want to give him a chance' is complete unmitigated bull****! 

He's said all along he was in football shape and ready to go at a moments notice. This was his moment and he played diva. The NFL called his bluff and exposed him, BIG TIME! 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

HE WANTED A JOB INTERVIEW and THE NFL GRANTED IT! You want a job, you show up with the employer arranges the interview! 

I’m of the mindset he absolutely should’ve showed up but you can’t compare this to any other job interview or even any other workout. There’s at least some reason to believe that the NFL putting this together is a PR stunt, along with Kaepernick being a controversial figure that already tried suing the league. This isn’t like “show up at 4PM for your job interview”. Even using past workouts as precedent, they’re usually done on different days and in advance. I think Kaepernick has/had an opportunity here but it’s not like the NFL was really accommodating - not that they have an obligation to be, but again, it’s not like any other interview. Pretty odd why the league had zero flexibility with the date.

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I’m of the mindset he absolutely should’ve showed up but you can’t compare this to any other job interview or even any other workout. There’s at least some reason to believe that the NFL putting this together is a PR stunt, along with Kaepernick being a controversial figure that already tried suing the league. This isn’t like “show up at 4PM for your job interview”. Even using past workouts as precedent, they’re usually done on different days and in advance. I think Kaepernick has/had an opportunity here but it’s not like the NFL was really accommodating - not that they have an obligation to be, but again, it’s not like any other interview. Pretty odd why the league had zero flexibility with the date.

Guys show up for tryouts in the NFL on a days notice and are thrilled with the chance. Kaepernick has already sued the NFL and was paid off. The NFL has no more legal liability regarding him. They paid him already. The fact they arranged it and he didn't show up is prove of what most have known all along, he doesn't want to play and has found a way, to exploit his 'oppression' financially better than if he were playing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Guys show up for tryouts in the NFL on a days notice and are thrilled with the chance. Kaepernick has already sued the NFL and was paid off. The NFL has no more legal liability regarding him. They paid him already. The fact they arranged it and he didn't show up is prove of what most have known all along, he doesn't want to play and has found a way, to exploit his 'oppression' financially better than if he were playing. 

Okay - that still doesn’t make this a run of the mill job interview or a NFL workout. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Okay - that still doesn’t make this a run of the mill job interview or a NFL workout. 

Why? The guy has been out of the league for 3 years and let's not forget it was his doing. He OPTED OUT of his contract with San Francisco, not the other way around. Just because of his past doesn't mean crap. When has the NFL EVER done what they were doing for Kaepernick? Name one time. I'll wait! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Didn't realize that there was a bigger legality issue with the waiver or that he could sue them again.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/16/nfl-tried-to-put-colin-kaepernick-in-legal-checkmate/

I WILL GUARANTEE you the NFL never put anything in writing to any NFL executive about keeping him out of the league. I will also guarantee you the owners, who were sued once, are smart enough not to have done anything that can be proven in court regarding Kaepernick. 

This is all pure speculation. 

• Like 1