NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, Golfman said:

Jeff George and Jay Cutler had elite arms as well. 

How many opportunities did they get?

BTW, I don't care what happens to the NFL if Kaepernick sues again. 

The NFL put themselves in this bind when they didn't properly address and stop the protests during the Anthem. They were losing fans and thought they were stuck between a rock and a hard spot. 

Had they set up very stiff penalties for protesting during the anthem, this all goes away. They allowed it to manifest and here we are. As an employer they could have put a condition on employment to stand at attention during the anthem. They could have fined, suspended any player who disobeyed. AS an employer they can punish/fire anybody who is harming their business with their personal agenda! ON the NFL time or on a players own time. 

They blew it trying to be politically correct! 

You know the NFLPA is a thing, right? These kinds of rules, stipulations, etc. need to be collectively bargained. The NFL can't just make up rules and implement them whenever they want to.

He would have had to pay him his guarantees had he cut him. I don't remember Lynch ever saying that. It's hindsight anyway so not relevant IMO. 

Then why did you bring it up?

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And I think one thing we can all agree on is that Kaepernick has zero trust in the NFL to do anything it promises to do.

We're to the point where people defending Kaepernick are going to grasp at any straws they can. The NFL agreed to give him the raw video of the event along with the edited copy sent to the 32 teams along with allowing Nike to make an ad out of the event.

The Kunta Kinte t-shirt is why the NFL had every reason to not allow the media to be present. Kaepernick has used their brand as a platform for himself and surprise surprise - he did it again.

• Like 1

Just now, CKSteeler said:

We're to the point where people defending Kaepernick are going to grasp at any straws they can. The NFL agreed to give him the raw video of the event along with the edited copy sent to the 32 teams along with allowing Nike to make an ad out of the event.

Yes, right on the heels of the NFL basically screwing him over with how they announced and scheduled his workout. Do you not see why Kaepernick has no trust in the NFL to follow it's word?

Just now, CKSteeler said:

The Kunta Kinte t-shirt is why the NFL had every reason to not allow the media to be present. Kaepernick has used their brand as a platform for himself and surprise surprise - he did it again.

Shocking, because literally every single NFL player does this, too. 

Again, the whole thing here is that neither side trusts each other so when the NFL did something that Kaepernick thought was dubious (scheduling the workout on a Saturday with little notice), they were (rightly, IMO) suspicious that the NFL was trying to follow the agreement (give him a workout) but simultaneously screw him over (scheduling it on a Saturday with little notice).

This isn't "grasping at straws". Grasping at straws is saying Kaepernick doesn't want to actually play because he moved the location so everyone could see his workout.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, right on the heels of the NFL basically screwing him over with how they announced and scheduled his workout. Do you not see why Kaepernick has no trust in the NFL to follow it's word?

The NFL got 25 teams to send representatives to show up for his workout on a Saturday (I personally don't know what a work week for a pro scout looks like, but I do know teams employ separate pro and college scouts). A workout that was unprecedented to begin with. Normal free agents are given no notice when teams call. Its show up or they're moving on. But you guys spin this into Kaepernick being screwed over. Here's the reality - the NFL was stupid to even consider the workout in the first place.

Even the idea of a conspiracy against him is nonsense. It doesn't take a conspiracy for 32 teams individually to say no to a guy whose problems outweigh his talent. Even then, at least two teams were willing to bring him in and he nixed it himself both times.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Shocking, because literally every single NFL player does this, too. 

Yes, every player is literally going out there and comparing NFL ownership to slave owners...repeatedly.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

suspicious that the NFL was trying to follow the agreement (give him a workout

There was no obligation to give him any workout whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Grasping at straws is saying Kaepernick doesn't want to actually play because he moved the location so everyone could see his workout.

When you claim that the NFL was going to back out of an agreement to give him the video of the event, you are grasping at straws. By moving the event, Kaepernick guaranteed that fewer representatives from teams would see him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Lions should just go for it. Stafford our another month plus and no playoff hopes. Not like we are looking at Driskel as the future either

I wish someone would sign and play him just to shut people up. He would suck and it would nuke his brand which is exactly why he turned this into a circus, as others have obviously noted.

He benefited most from making this into another conspiracy against him and getting himself in front of the media in his Kunta Kinte t-shirt. ESPN isn't going to run with thrilling video footage of him throwing to guys in shorts, but they'll run his statement on NFL owners running from him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

If a multi-billion dollar organization took the time to set up a job interview for me and had people flying in from 25 different states to be there, I would be grateful for the opportunity.  One thing I definitely would NOT do is wear a shirt that insults the entire organization like this one.  If I were a representative of one of the 25 NFL teams who took the time to show up, I would walk out before he even threw a single pass if I saw him wearing this. 

Kaepernick is a buffoon.  He doesn't deserve the privilege of playing in the NFL.

Speaking of grasping at straws. Also Roots was a great miniseries.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what was your point, that hes in his mid 30's? you realize the argument is not about his age alone, right? If you think so, which it seems like you do, youre really misunderstanding here.

No. That a guy that's been out of football for a year or more beyond 30 can make a come back, and it wouldn't be super strange. You brought up his age first in our back and forth dialogue. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Lions should just go for it. Stafford our another month plus and no playoff hopes. Not like we are looking at Driskel as the future either

Do you guys play the Packers again this season?  One thing that would be funny is to see Kaepernick give us a repeat performance of that playoff game against their new rush defense.  That is maybe the one reason why I'd like to see him back in the league.  :D

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so that would be 2/32. Otherwise known as the exception and not the rule. 

It would actually be 2/15 and it completely ignores that Kaepernick isn’t restricted to be a #3 quarterback. 

You said something NFL teams don’t do something. When in fact, they did and they do. Just admit you were wrong and move along.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It would actually be 2/15 and it completely ignores that Kaepernick isn’t restricted to be a #3 quarterback. 

You said something NFL teams don’t do something. When in fact, they did and they do. Just admit you were wrong and move along.

theres 32 teams, help me out and explain how youre getting 15. im guessing its some teams dont keep a 3rd qb? but you dont get get credit for that, theres still 32 teams total.

as ive already said, 2 out of 32 is the exception and not the rule. theres plenty of random exceptions taht happen that are in the vast minority. arguing those seems kinda foolish.

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

No. That a guy that's been out of football for a year or more beyond 30 can make a come back, and it wouldn't be super strange. You brought up his age first in our back and forth dialogue. 

how long was cunningham out and how lkng was kaepernick. i dont really care about this point cause its silly but its not apples to apples anyway.

i brought up age in conjunction with several other things, not age alone. do i need to repost that for you?