NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

how long was cunningham out and how lkng was kaepernick. i dont really care about this point cause its silly but its not apples to apples anyway.

i brought up age in conjunction with several other things, not age alone. do i need to repost that for you?

Cunningham one year. Colin it's been two years. I cited others. 

I'm just saying you brought age into the conversation first. I addressed your other statement in your initial reply to that tweet about "elite play", and how it's not required to make an NFL roster. Weird, because the tweet was talking about his arm talent being "elite", not his ability to play the position. Two different things. :) 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Cunningham one year. Colin it's been two years. I cited others. 

I'm just saying you brought age into the conversation. I addressed your other statement in your initial reply to that tweet. "Elite" play. 

nope. its been just about three years for kaepernick, were what, 6 weeks shy of that mark? you brought up a comparison that doesnt compare well.

yes, i brought up age, as ive said about 3 times now age in conjunction with other things. im pretty sure we can all accept as fact that there backup qbs that teams never intend or want to play. matt schaub is not on the falcons because hes a good qb or will push the starter. its to help ryan do his job better. why would you sign a circus for that? kap is better than easiky over half the qbs but if hes not a starter, and a younger starter who could have upside left would help more, then why sign him. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

nope. its been just about three years for kaepernick, were what, 6 weeks shy of that mark? you brought up a comparison that doesnt compare well.

yes, i brought up age, as ive said about 3 times now age in conjunction with other things. im pretty sure we can all accept as fact that there backup qbs that teams never intend or want to play. matt schaub is not on the falcons because hes a good qb or will push the starter. its to help ryan do his job better. why would you sign a circus for that? kap is better than easiky over half the qbs but if hes not a starter, and a younger starter who could have upside left would help more, then why sign him. 

Okay. Another example. Steve Deburg, like I stated earlier, was 44 and out of football for five years. Made an NFL roster. 

A team would sign Colin if they think they can improve their chances of winning. Some of the QB play around the league is so bad that a team should at least look at him. 

Edited by PapaShogun

34 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

theres 32 teams, help me out and explain how youre getting 15. im guessing its some teams dont keep a 3rd qb? but you dont get get credit for that, theres still 32 teams total.

as ive already said, 2 out of 32 is the exception and not the rule. theres plenty of random exceptions taht happen that are in the vast minority. arguing those seems kinda foolish.

15 teams carry a third QB. You said about third QBs, verbatim, “that’s used for guys who are young and maybe turn into something”. You also said “you don’t use 32 year old QBs and third QBs”. Neither of those statements are factually correct. 

You could say 32 year old QBs aren’t often used as QB3. Or you could it’s not common for it to happen. But you didn’t, you made a sweeping statement that does not apply but can’t even admit that much. 

And again that’s assuming Kaepernick can’t be a 1 or a 2, which is a bad assumption.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

15 teams carry a third QB. You said about third QBs, verbatim, “that’s used for guys who are young and maybe turn into something”. You also said “you don’t use 32 year old QBs and third QBs”. Neither of those statements are factually correct. 

You could say 32 year old QBs aren’t often used as QB3. Or you could it’s not common for it to happen. But you didn’t, you made a sweeping statement that does not apply but can’t even admit that much. 

And again that’s assuming Kaepernick can’t be a 1 or a 2, which is a bad assumption.

ive covered him being a starter or backup.

and again, im more focused with the rule and not the exception. this isnt rocket sceince, there 32 teams and 2 have qbs that qualify. yep, im gonna stick with my original statement.

13 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Okay. Another example. Steve Deburg, like I stated earlier, was 44 and out of football for five years. Made an NFL roster. 

A team would sign Colin if they think they can improve their chances of winning. Some of the QB play around the league is so bad that a team should at least look at him. 

like who. miami? clearly hoping for tua or herbert or someone, same with cincy. so who are we talking about? 

maybe chicago, like maybe. but then youre giving up on youre young qb who you yook very early for a guy who hasnt playes in 3 years and was essentially an average qb at the end. the onky other team is tennessee, and youre seeing a margunal increast in pkay if any at all and youre bring in a circus.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

ive covered him being a starter or backup.

and again, im more focused with the rule and not the exception. this isnt rocket sceince, there 32 teams and 2 have qbs that qualify. yep, im gonna stick with my original statement.

Your wrong statement*. If you make a sweeping statement, it doesn’t matter how many or few examples there are. It makes the statement wrong. 

“QBs under 6ft can’t be superstars”. 

*Russell Wilson*

”That’s an exception, not a rule. So let’s dismiss this guy under 6ft.”

Lol. Everyone in this league is an exception in some way. 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Your wrong statement*. If you make a sweeping statement, it doesn’t matter how many or few examples there are. It makes the statement wrong. 

“QBs under 6ft can’t be superstars”. 

*Russell Wilson*

”That’s an exception, not a rule. So let’s dismiss this guy under 6ft.”

Lol. Everyone in this league is an exception in some way. 

well yes, some exceptions work out. its why theyre called exceptions. and quite frankly that hasnt been a rule in quite some time.

are you even arguing anything related to the thread. do you think colin shoild be sogned as a 3rd qb

what would be the point of having a roster spot for an older guy like that who is unlikely to play unless two guys in frontt of him get hurt. yiu think he has untapped upside after 3 years out? when would that be reached, at age 35? these are all common sense things and its why the vast, vast majority of teams dont have 3rd qbs that are older.

19 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Stephen A. Smith lol. 

Same guy who was pumped this was happening and said a signing was imminent if he showed he could still play. You can laugh all you want but it's only because it doesn't fit your narrative!

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

Just now, Golfman said:

Same guy who was pumped this was happening and said a signing was imminent if he showed he could still play. You can laugh all you want but it's only because it doesn't your narrative!

No, it's because Stephen A has been a moron for years. There is a mountain of evidence on the daily to support this. 

• Like 1