NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

With Kap's attitude, prior to the political distractions and media coverage of kneeling during games, Kap's attitude and entitlement combined with his subpar ability as a pocket passer made him a fringe backup. Now, three years removed from that time his head may be clearer and his legs/body healthier, but I'm not sure he is any better.

Then again, for a five game run maybe Kap can be as good as a Mitch Trubisky, Andy Dalton, or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Maybe.

It is mid-season, so the element of limited game-planning by opposing teams defenses may help Kap's chances of acclimating successfully back into the league.

It's his politics not his attitude. Go read up on Kellen Winslow Jr and see how much your attitude matters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

12 games played in 2016, 16 TD's and only 4 INT's was a not-horrible season for Kaepernick during his most recent NFL effort. That was a low-talent team too, he didn't get much help. 

Teams making playoff runs could use a backup QB. I could see the Patriots taking a gamble, a strong head coach like BB would easily deflect the frenzied media coverage. "We're here to talk about football. Nothing else."

Webby is Belichick's FF account, confirmed. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is that what you think started this or how this issue began???

Cheese and rice what an awful take.

No its not how it started but its likely how it will end.  He took a controversial position that changed the narrative to issues off the football field and the owners didn't like that.  He had his right to make the statement, they had the right to not employ him afterward for it.  Kaepernick got upset about that and sued them.  I would imagine that would end any chance he has at ever being part of the league again.  

1 hour ago, Malik said:

37 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This is a pure PR move by the NFL.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, this seems like a richard move by the NFL

I'm not 100% sure about that. (1) why would he get to dictate when the pro-day style workout is? Why should he care what day of the week it is? (2) most workouts are on Tuesdays when they are AT TEAM FACILITIES, this is completely different; (3) it's very possible this is the best day for team scouts/assistants to attend, NFL may have surveyed teams to gauge what day would be best to send someone.

I'm not saying all of the above is absolutely true, however, it's possible. And I think it's more likely than the NFL league office orchestrating some weird highly public event just to stick it to him. Particularly when they would be better served letting the whole thing die if they aren't doing this in earnest.

Edited by sp6488

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

No its not how it started but its likely how it will end.  He took a controversial position that changed the narrative to issues off the football field and the owners didn't like that.  He had his right to make the statement, they had the right to not employ him afterward for it.  Kaepernick got upset about that and sued them.  I would imagine that would end any chance he has at ever being part of the league again.  

I’m not debating any of that.  My point was simply they shouldn’t need a workout to see if he is worth employing as his physical ability was never the issue.

This whole charade is absurd.

35 minutes ago, Malik said:

It's his politics not his attitude. Go read up on Kellen Winslow Jr and see how much your attitude matters.

One is a tight end with multiple personal issues and the other a quarterback and supposed leader of a football team? Not a strong comparison for me.

I’m not debating any of that.  My point was simply they shouldn’t need a workout to see if he is worth employing as his physical ability was never the issue.

Maybe a month after he originally opted out of his contract, but 3 years removed from his last snap in the NFL I think its justified.  

Why not? He's been out of the NFL for three years and has shown that, at the very least, there are legitimate questions about his desire to play again.  It would seem to make perfect sense that teams would want to do due diligence on whether he's actually been keeping in football shape prior to making any move for him.

I would add that an open workout like this is likely the best thing for Kaep. It allows any team that's potentially interested to attend, observe, talk with him, etc. without having to stick their neck out individually.

9 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Why not? He's been out of the NFL for three years and has shown that, at the very least, there are legitimate questions about his desire to play again.  It would seem to make perfect sense that teams would want to do due diligence on whether he's actually been keeping in football shape prior to making any move for him.

I would add that an open workout like this is likely the best thing for Kaep. It allows any team that's potentially interested to attend, observe, talk with him, etc. without having to stick their neck out individually.

Who is realistically going to be out there on a Saturday to talk to him and observe the practice?

I don't feel it's an individual attitude; but the attitude of a player who fills the QB position in the NFL

so many bums can get paid; he's had high heights, and his lows weren't the lowest.

I'm excited about what could be, or could be again.

• Like 1