NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

My opinion on Kaep is starting to change. He clearly doesn't want to play, but people do far worse things for money. He's maximizing his earning potential by bringing attention to a cause that needed it.

I could do without the ridiculous posturing (IE socks, shirt, etc) but hey. Again, people do far worse things for money.

28 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

My opinion on Kaep is starting to change. He clearly doesn't want to play, but people do far worse things for money. He's maximizing his earning potential by bringing attention to a cause that needed it.

I could do without the ridiculous posturing (IE socks, shirt, etc) but hey. Again, people do far worse things for money.

There is something very wrong with that kind of mindset though.

That would be like giving a speech in 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial saying-

"I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation. But first a word from my sponsers cause I have to get paid!"

• Like 1

That's a pretty dramatic analogy. I think it's less like what you're saying and more like;

"I'm a washed up football player with no prospects. I took a stand 4 years ago for something that was right, but since then I've made a bunch of mistakes. I can clown it up a little for 60 mil or stay at home for free."

Everything he says is designed to be inflammatory. We're allowed to think he's stupid without succumbing to it and becoming enraged.

Kaep is making multi-millions off his activist merchandise and paid-for appearances. 

He has no intention taking top tier backup money or a fringe starter prove it deal. 

He moved the workout with barely a couple hours notice (and an hour drive to boot), did not send a professional notification to teams and only notified on social media, wore a Kunta Kinte T Shirt (gotta be kidding me, this is a job interview), and bagged on the NFL and owners over and over and over in the post-interview. 

I’m glad you guys are opening your eyes. Kaepernick has absolutely zero desire to play football. This workout was a chance to help build his brand in his eyes. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 7

The bigger point in all of this is that Reid, Kaep (who was too cowardly to take questions at his own workout), and Stills (not sure who else still kneels) say almost nothing about police brutality or racial injustice anymore. Their only cause is getting their rich Nike spokesman friend a QB job in the NFL (which he obviously does not really want)

When guys like Malcolm Jenkins stepped up to initiate real change, they were attacked by the Kaep Krew as sellouts (meaning no 'Free Kaep' message)

He is happy being a phony professional martyr. Just Google Kaepernick and Awards. This is the life he wants now.

ESPN would give Kaepernick all the air time he wants to say anything he wants to bring about change. He does not want that. He wants Nike commercials and awards.

When he does get in front of a microphone with someone who can talk back, this is what happens:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

Jackie Robinson and Ali were elite level talents in their sports.

They were incredibly charismatic and also very smart and savvy about politics, their sport, and the world around them.

They also had the character to struggle through hard times to make things better for others and not just lash out like internet trolls. (or TV sound byte trolls back then)

Kaepernick is none of these things but he is playing pretend.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The bigger point in all of this is that Reid, Kaep (who was too cowardly to take questions at his own workout), and Stills (not sure who else still kneels) say almost nothing about police brutality or racial injustice anymore. Their only cause is getting their rich Nike spokesman friend a QB job in the NFL (which he obviously does not really want)

When guys like Malcolm Jenkins stepped up to initiate real change, they were attacked by the Kaep Krew as sellouts (meaning no 'Free Kaep' message)

He is happy being a phony professional martyr. Just Google Kaepernick and Awards. This is the life he wants now.

ESPN would give Kaepernick all the air time he wants to say anything he wants to bring about change. He does not want that. He wants Nike commercials and awards.

When he does get in front of a microphone with someone who can talk back, this is what happens:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

Jackie Robinson and Ali were elite level talents in their sports.

They were incredibly charismatic and also very smart and savvy about politics, their sport, and the world around them.

They also had the character to struggle through hard times to make things better for others and not just lash out like internet trolls. (or TV sound byte trolls back then)

Kaepernick is none of these things but he is playing pretend.

This false. even the laziest google search can highlight the actual work they all continue to do.