Official Week 11 GDT: Cincinnati Bengals (0-9) vs Oakland Raiders (5-4)

BayRaider

I think this is a game where Jacobs and Waller go off... Really the entire offense but I think those 2 have the biggest games of the skill position players. I think our long history of sucking over the past 15 years actually helps us in these games that we should win that a lot of teams look past. Yeah we're 5-4 and in the thick of the playoff hunt but Gruden will pound it into these guys heads that we havent "arrived" or done anything to celebrate about. 

I'll say 

Raiders - 35

Bengals - 24

Carr - 25-34, 305 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT.

Jacobs - 22 Carries, 110 Yards, 2 TDs, 3 Receptions, 35 Yards, 1 TD. 

Waller - 8 Receptions, 95 Yards, 1 TD. 

Williams - 5 Receptions, 70 Yards, 1 TD.

31-17.  Solid fun game all around.  We jump up early and coast the rest of the way.  Bengals score a couple touchdowns during the fourth quarter in garbage time.  Raiders defense again looks lights out.  We probably keep Jacobs to less than 10 runs.  D. Washington and J. Richard have their best games of the season. D. Carr continues to look solid due to Cincinnati's inability to create pressure.  H. Renfrow has his best game of the season.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

This is a game where Gruden needs to come out and have his offense firing on all cylinders. Hopefully get ball first march down score a TD. Raiders need to stomp them out early to make sure the Bengals have no hope. 

Disagree with the bold.

I always want to defer, especially at home.

1. The stadium will be rocking, let the D start with the crowd loud. If our O stalls, crowd goes quiet. I admit we do seem to start games strong, but I’d rather have the D play with the loud crowd.

2. Nothing is more defeating For an opposing team than starting a game with a 3 and out, or a quick stop on D.

3. With our Defense and clock management, we could easily go up 2 scores with 2 mins left in the half, only to let them score, and then get the ball back after half with momentum.

when you defer you give your self a chance of 2 straight possessions which is extremely important. It is the easiest way to climb back in a game when behind, and we have seen a number of teams do this to us over the years.

all that said, if we do start on O, I’d love to see a nice 8 min plus drive where we run the ball down their throats 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think this is the "same ol' Raiders" where they'd drop a game like this. Gruden has this team believing and this group is full of leaders and winners. I can't remember a team that's played for each other the way this group has. 

I think they handle business the next 2 weeks and go punch KC in the mouth in the statement game everyone is looking for.

Let's go win the west and let KC worry about who's in the wildcard spots!!

You realize that every time you do this, it’s the kiss of death right? 😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Now I hope i'm wrong but chances are we will all watch Carr miss plays until it gets desperate and we get a 24-20 win.

Pessimist.  We'll run the hell out of the ball.  If they stack the box Carr will have a passing field day.

Can the Bungals have a once in a season game against us.  Not with the rushing success we've had.  Jacobs will easily romp for over 100 yards.

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think this is the "same ol' Raiders" where they'd drop a game like this. Gruden has this team believing and this group is full of leaders and winners. I can't remember a team that's played for each other the way this group has. 

I think they handle business the next 2 weeks and go punch KC in the mouth in the statement game everyone is looking for.

Let's go win the west and let KC worry about who's in the wildcard spots!!

Whooa! BP is definitely optimistic.  I like it.  This team is playing better than expected and everyone has bought in.  They are playing with passion.  Do we have weak links?  Yes, but I don't think they'll lose this game  They need to get their running game going.  With this Oline we have the meat.

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Disagree with the bold.

I always want to defer, especially at home.

1. The stadium will be rocking, let the D start with the crowd loud. If our O stalls, crowd goes quiet. I admit we do seem to start games strong, but I’d rather have the D play with the loud crowd.

2. Nothing is more defeating For an opposing team than starting a game with a 3 and out, or a quick stop on D.

3. With our Defense and clock management, we could easily go up 2 scores with 2 mins left in the half, only to let them score, and then get the ball back after half with momentum.

when you defer you give your self a chance of 2 straight possessions which is extremely important. It is the easiest way to climb back in a game when behind, and we have seen a number of teams do this to us over the years.

all that said, if we do start on O, I’d love to see a nice 8 min plus drive where we run the ball down their throats 

I like to defer possession to the 2nd half kickoff.  If you're down you get the ball first.  Momentum is so important in the second half and especially the fourth quarter where games can be won or lost.

John Gruden has elected to get the ball first every time this year when given the chance. Don't see why that would change if he gets the chance on Sunday. 

Really no reason for Joyner to play on Sunday. Allow his hammy to rest an extra week. Really hoping to see Jordan out there to get him a couple of reps. 

Edited by agarcia34

Just now, agarcia34 said:

John Gruden has elected to get the ball first every time this year when given the chance. Don't see why that would change if he gets the chance on Sunday. 

That seems to be the position of most if not all coaches in the NFL.  They want to score first gain the momentum and place pressure on the opposition.  Unfortunately if you are unsuccessful you're immediately at a deficit not to mention at the start of the second half.  I guess it depends on the strength of your defense.  Decades earlier, maybe in the 70's or 80's the Raiders occasionally would defer reception until the second half.  I prefer it.

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

31-17.  Solid fun game all around.  We jump up early and coast the rest of the way.  Bengals score a couple touchdowns during the fourth quarter in garbage time.  Raiders defense again looks lights out.  We probably keep Jacobs to less than 10 runs.  D. Washington and J. Richard have their best games of the season. D. Carr continues to look solid due to Cincinnati's inability to create pressure.  H. Renfrow has his best game of the season.

This would be ideal.  We should easily handle Cincy and we need to preserve Jacobs.  If we're in control we need to put Washington and Richard out there.

• Like 1