Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

11 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Kyle Shanahan has been our HC for 4 seasons. He was the last HC hired in his hiring cycle due to coaching in the SB. He's already the tenth most tenured HC 

1. Bill Billichek, Patriots

2. Sean Payton, Saints

3. Mike Tomlin, Steelers

4. John Harbaugh, Ravens

5. Pete Carroll, Seahawks

6. Andy Reid, Chiefs

7. Mike Zimmer, Vikings

8. Sean McDermott, Bills

9. Sean McVay, Rams

10. Kyle Shanahan, 49ers

I'd say #7 has one more year to get it right before he's gone. I could speculate on others, but it'd be a weak argument at this point.

55 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

While I love Saleh, i was really hoping for those two 3rd round picks lol 

It also creates a logjam as Demeco Ryans seems to be ready to be a DC. And if its not with us, it'll be with someone else, eventually

If Saleh can't get hired now, will he ever get a NFL HC job? I mean, i get hiring an offensive guy is preferred, but i'd much rather have a Mike Vrabel type instead of guys like Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, or Mike McCarthy

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

While I love Saleh, i was really hoping for those two 3rd round picks lol 

It also creates a logjam as Demeco Ryans seems to be ready to be a DC. And if its not with us, it'll be with someone else, eventually

If Saleh can't get hired now, will he ever get a NFL HC job? I mean, i get hiring an offensive guy is preferred, but i'd much rather have a Mike Vrabel type instead of guys like Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, or Mike McCarthy

The problem is with losing Saleh is that it's not just Saleh we are all pretty sure. I really am not looking for our coaching staff to get ravaged by significant departures. 

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's a job he does NOT need to take. Terrible mess all around. May have a QB in Hurts, but my goodness does that roster need some upgrades and there is the Wentz issue. 

100%. That job can't even really start until 2023 lol

23 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sounds like Saleh is plan B for Jacksonville if they don't get urban myers

Scuttle around the Jets is that it could move quickly to hire him. I think that they are concerned someone else is going to take him.