Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

9 hours ago, N4L said:

The problem with this line of reasoning is that Alabama's first proday happened before we made the trade. At that point in time they didn't want the word to get out that we were scouting these guys 

I get that. But if you were hitching your wagon to guy and about to give up a ton of premium draft capital for him, you want the talent evaluator there with his eyes on him. Even after the trade was made, Peters still didn't go to Alabama, they sent him to Columbus instead fully aware that they were going to also set up a second pro day for Kyle and John to attend. 

They had two chances to get Peter's eyes on Jones and didn't. That's kind of telling, imo.

9 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I get that. But if you were hitching your wagon to guy and about to give up a ton of premium draft capital for him, you want the talent evaluator there with his eyes on him. Even after the trade was made, Peters still didn't go to Alabama, they sent him to Columbus instead fully aware that they were going to also set up a second pro day for Kyle and John to attend. 

They had two chances to get Peter's eyes on Jones and didn't. That's kind of telling, imo.

I would bet money that Peter's saw Jones play in person this year. 

You would think all 32 teams would have scouts at every playoff game and also the national championship 

You say this like Peters is the gm and has the final say over the roster. He's not and he doesnt. The gm and the HC went to Alabamas second pro day. (personally, I think we went there to see najee Harris in person and not Mac Jones. Najee wasn't at the first proday, but he was at the second one. Najee is a PERFECT fit for the offense) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

You would think all 32 teams would have scouts at every playoff game and also the national championship 

You say this like Peters is the gm and has the final say over the roster. He's not and he doesnt. The gm and the HC went to Alabamas second pro day. (personally, I think we went there to see najee Harris in person and not Mac Jones. Najee wasn't at the first proday, but he was at the second one. Najee is a PERFECT fit for the offense) 

You might be right about him seeing him at some point. The reason I keep making a big deal about where Peters is, is because it was said that Peters is the essentially co-GM with "boots on the ground" talent evaluation and Lynch is more of the relationship guy. I forget where this was highlighted. It was sometime during the Senior Bowl.

Essentially, it seems Peters has a huge hand in evaluating and endorsing acquisitions. It just seems a point of note to me that Peters will most likely have seen and spoken with Fields and his coaches twice now and Mac and his coaches zero times. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N4L said:

The report was that he did, but interestingly, Lynch only confirmed he went to see Wilson. That was mentioned super early in the season, start of November, I think. 

"Rumors around the scouting community indicate the San Francisco 49ers are investing serious time and resources into scouting signal-callers," Miller wrote. "One area scout told me the team has sent top evaluator Adam Peters to see BYU's Zach Wilson and Alabama's Mac Jones this season."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Forge said:

The report was that he did, but interestingly, Lynch only confirmed he went to see Wilson. That was mentioned super early in the season, start of November, I think. 

"Rumors around the scouting community indicate the San Francisco 49ers are investing serious time and resources into scouting signal-callers," Miller wrote. "One area scout told me the team has sent top evaluator Adam Peters to see BYU's Zach Wilson and Alabama's Mac Jones this season."

Did we send anyone to go see Fields?

12 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

His name is JaMycal Hasty, Barnwell. 

We're so proficient at finding running back talent anywhere (UDFA or street, most likely) that I wouldn't be surprised if Hasty didn't even make the team. He looked good against the Pats (but to be fair, the Pats looked terrible across the board, that week), but seemed to be going nowhere after that.

So I guess we're adding a journeyman off the street for the veteran minimum, plus a couple of UDFA to compete with him and Walter.

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

We're so proficient at finding running back talent anywhere (UDFA or street, most likely) that I wouldn't be surprised if Hasty didn't even make the team. He looked good against the Pats (but to be fair, the Pats looked terrible across the board, that week), but seemed to be going nowhere after that.

So I guess we're adding a journeyman off the street for the veteran minimum, plus a couple of UDFA to compete with him and Walter.

I hope they go for Gallman from the Giants over a Bernard or Gurley type. He's still young and is tough as nails between the tackles.. he's solid in pass pro and can definitely catch it out of the backfield

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Mostert seems adequate? He's like purpose built for the scheme. If he could stay healthy he'd be the second coming of Clinton Portis. Dude has lead the nfl in highest speeds the past 2 or 3 seasons.

• Like 1