Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

4 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Just saw the clip from Mike Silver interviewing Joe Montana. Montana said we should roll with Jimmy, has nothing to back it up, then takes a little jab at Steve Young at the end

as much as I respect Joe’s legacy with the Niners, the guy has always struck me as a huge jerk. He never liked Trey to begin with, so he won’t ever support him. He likes to act like he has all the answers but there is a reason no one listens to what he would do, because his answers are stupid

the guy just has a massive ego and chip on his shoulder……let it go Joe, let it go

Always felt the same. Much respect and appreciation to what Joe brought to the team, but I was always more a fan of the character and makeup of a Steve. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Just saw the clip from Mike Silver interviewing Joe Montana. Montana said we should roll with Jimmy, has nothing to back it up, then takes a little jab at Steve Young at the end

as much as I respect Joe’s legacy with the Niners, the guy has always struck me as a huge jerk. He never liked Trey to begin with, so he won’t ever support him. He likes to act like he has all the answers but there is a reason no one listens to what he would do, because his answers are stupid

the guy just has a massive ego and chip on his shoulder……let it go Joe, let it go

That and he can never let go of the fact that he can't let Rudy be a good story, one almost everyone loves but if it is brought up around him he will basically say that the whole team was aholes and did the carrying off the field thing ironically.

7 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Legend has it that Joe had Steve over to join his family for dinner one evening.  His kid looks at Steve in a really puzzled way and asks "Dad, isn't this the guy we're supposed to hate?!" 

Yikes, haha. When does it gets more awkward a moment than that??? 

blue arrested development GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Legend has it that Joe had Steve over to join his family for dinner one evening.  His kid looks at Steve in a really puzzled way and asks "Dad, isn't this the guy we're supposed to hate?!" 

Yep, that interaction was in Steve's book. Steve also did say in the book that Joe couldn't have been better to him in an off the field sense, but reading between the lines I think some of that too is just Steve refusing to carry that baggage with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I know free agency is a month away but does anyone know what kind of $$ Jimmy G needs to get for us to get a 3rd comp pick for us?….I don’t know what the numbers are anymore.

I don't know the exact science, but last offseason Mariota's deal with the Falcons would've netted the Raiders a 5th round comp pick but it got cancelled out by another signing the Raiders made. 

Mariota's deal was 2 yrs $18.7 mil and that was worth a 5th round comp. Bridgewater's 3 yrs $63 mil deal in 2020 was worth a 3rd round comp pick. 

Spotrac is estimating Jimmy's AAV for his next contract to be $34 mil, which seems pretty crazy. If Jimmy ends up signing a 1 yr $25 to $30 mil deal next month, we should get a 3rd for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I know free agency is a month away but does anyone know what kind of $$ Jimmy G needs to get for us to get a 3rd comp pick ?….I don’t know what the numbers are anymore.

From what i remember its a combination of contract and snaps played and then an extra for All pro and things like that.

But its around the 15 mil mark and around a 80% snap mark can vary a bit year by year based on contract handed out. 

Edited by Justone2

On 2/15/2023 at 6:17 AM, 9erFreak77 said:

I know free agency is a month away but does anyone know what kind of $$ Jimmy G needs to get for us to get a 3rd comp pick ?….I don’t know what the numbers are anymore.

It can vary year to to year. 

Arizona gets a third this year for losing Christian Kirk at 18 million apy. Washington also got one for Scherff at 16.5 million. 

Derek Carr doesn't count against the formula since he was cut. 

I expect money to fly a little bit more freely this year, so guys like Daron Payne could factor into it (if he really does hit 20 million a year).

As a QB, I expect him to still have one of the bigger contracts handed out AAV wise, but given his injuries, I could see teams just not being super into him.