Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't love it. Under the spotlight of the playoffs, thought he called some pretty brutal games. 

But he's a smart dude, which the browns want, and one doesn't necessarily translate to the other. Still, somewhat uninspiring

Only called two playoff games, which were this season, no? 

Became OC last season and Minny didn't make the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only called two playoff games, which were this season, no? 

Became OC last season and Minny didn't make the playoffs. 

Correct. Though I thought the gameplan in both wet very suspect.

I think it's possible that he was restricted by Zimmer. When defillipo tried to be creative, that didn't go over well there at all. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Correct. Though I thought the gameplan in both wet very suspect.

I think it's possible that he was restricted by Zimmer. When defillipo tried to be creative, that didn't go over well there at all. 

They don't have a great OL so they will struggle  vs good pass rushing teams. Didn't think his game plan was all that bad vs NO. And it didn't matter what the game plan was yesterday, their OL couldn't block our DL and we are the best defense in the league at taking the deep ball which is a strength of their offense. Once Cook got shut down, it was going to always be a wrap. Now, he didn't do anything impressive or creative yesterday. And I'm not even high on the hire for Cleveland, but their offense was very solid this year. 

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Word Is Saleh would of wanted Peters as his GM?

Makes sense. Always thought that was going to happen with one of the Mike's as his OC. 

What I'm interested in is if the FO gives Peters a promotion of some sort and kind of makes him the GM or a similar title while giving Lynch another title. Though Shanny probably has a big say in that and he seems to be working well with Lynch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Makes sense. Always thought that was going to happen with one of the Mike's as his OC. 

What I'm interested in is if the FO gives Peters a promotion of some sort and kind of makes him the GM or a similar title while giving Lynch another title. Though Shanny probably has a big say in that and he seems to be working well with Lynch. 

I could see that. Peters becomes gm, Lynch becomes president of football ops or something like that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gravity said:

If Saleh leaves, is there anybody you guys/gals want as DC?

There's no where to go. All vacancies have been filled. 

But the answer would probably be internal. My guess is that Joe Woods would get the call first (Kocurek actually strikes me as a Tomsula / Scarnecchia type who is just going to remain a high quality positional coach his entire career because he probably loves it or something). The only thing with Woods is that he may have run a 3-4, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask a broncos fan. But his seasons in Denver were okay. 10th in dvoa in 2017, 5th in 2018. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

But the answer would probably be internal. My guess is that Joe Woods would get the call first (Kocurek actually strikes me as a Tomsula / Scarnecchia type who is just going to remain a high quality positional coach his entire career because he probably loves it or something). The only thing with Woods is that he may have run a 3-4, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask a broncos fan. But his seasons in Denver were okay. 10th in dvoa in 2017, 5th in 2018. 

I think Demeco Ryans is the one Shanny actually rates a bit higher. Just gut feeling, but think Ryans becomes hot commodity for DC gigs around the league soon. If Saleh becomes a HC, I see Ryans as the DC. Maybe Saleh tries to take Woods with him and make him the DC of his team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Demeco Ryans is the one Shanny actually rates a bit higher. Just gut feeling, but think Ryans becomes hot commodity for DC gigs around the league soon. If Saleh becomes a HC, I see Ryans as the DC. Maybe Saleh tries to take Woods with him and make him the DC of his team. 

I'm not going to lie...I constantly forget Ryans is here. But yes, he'd be high on the list as well. I'd say he or Woods rather than Kocurek. 

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Woods is Tampa-2 disciple. Came up under under Kiffin in TB and followed Tomlin when he went to Minny to be their DC. He's definitely a 4-3 guy. I did my research on him when we first brought him aboard.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Woods is Tampa-2 disciple. Came up under under Kiffin in TB and followed Tomlin when he went to Minny to be their DC. He's definitely a 4-3 guy. I did my research on him when we first brought him aboard.

Good call. Thanks for the info.