Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

And that's how you make y2 very sad. #79 is Hall of Famer Bob St. Clair's number, and it has been retired and unworn for over 30 years. 

If Deebo can wear Joe Sakic's number, then Joey Bosa can wear St. Clair's number.

I know, not the same team, but I'm trying to manipulate your emotions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we end up winning the SB, the Chiefs will be receiving our 2nd round pick which would be #64. Even if we don't win it, they will be getting a pick in the 60s. That is totally worth it even if we only get two or three years out of Ford before letting him go. 

Didn't they trade our pick to Seattle for Frank Clark?

So it does kinda hurt to give a second rounder, albeit a very late one, to our division rival. But imagine if we had had a terrible season, now that would have sucked big time.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

So it does kinda hurt to give a second rounder, albeit a very late one, to our division rival. But imagine if we had had a terrible season, now that would have sucked big time.

Seahawks won't know what to do with the pick anyways!

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

It's not like they can use a late second rounder to draft a monstrous WR who might give us headaches for years to come.

The sun shines on every dog's………… 

Prove they could do something with the pick two consecutive years! How is their first round pick looking for them?? 

11 hours ago, rudyZ said:

In hindsight, I make that trade 10/10 times again. The pick is gone, doesnt matter where it goes. Dee fords speed and diversity of moves makes the gold rush unstoppable. 

lets make that pick be #64 and force seattles FO to remember that we won the goddamn superbowl everytime they talk about who to draft in that slot lol 

I will admit though, seattle did an amazing job with those trades last offseason. trading away clark and then getting clowney for cheap was shrewd. Their front office knows how to maneuver the draft. Our FO hasnt shown that ability yet. Other than fleecing the bears for MT (lololol) we havent traded back yet. Hard to fault lynch and co for much considering how well put together our roster is, but seattle pulled a rabbit out of the hat last year with regards to their resources to start the offseason and what they finished with. 

This division is going to be a bloodbath. NFC BEST 

(see what I did there?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Other than fleecing the bears for MT (lololol) we havent traded back yet.

I'd laugh, but we almost butchered that trade.

#3 - Solomon Thomas. Yikes

#67 - traded to the saints who took Kamara (ouch). We got a second the following year, which we used as the main ammo to draft.... Dante Pettis. Oof. 

#111 - used as the offering to move up a few spots and get.... Ruben Foster. Ugh. 

So that wasn't pretty. Thank God we got their third round pick the following year and used at least one wisely.... That ended up being Fred Warner, which makes it all worth it (well, the process was always worth it and 100% a winner... The results were just poor until Warner)

BTW, the picks given up by Chicago to move up just that single spot were Alvin Kamara, Fred Warner and Tedric Thompson. That can't feel good. 

Just think, somewhere there is a universe where someone else traded with us to get trubs, Chicago kept it's pick, "settled" for Watson or Mahomes, then took Thompson, Warner and Kamara with the picks they still had

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd laugh, but we almost butchered that trade.

#3 - Solomon Thomas. Yikes

#67 - traded to the saints who took Kamars (ouch). We got a second the following year, which we used as the main ammo to draft.... Dante Pettis. Oof. 

#111 - used as the offering to move up a few spots and get.... Ruben Foster. Ugh. 

So that wasn't pretty. Thank God we got their third round pick the following year and used at least one wisely.... That ended up being Fred Warner, which makes it all worth it. 

BTW, the picks given up by Chicago to move up just that single spot were Alvin Kamara, Fred Warner and Tedric Thompson. That can't feel good. 

it was a good trade, just not a good result on the picks with regards to who we drafted. still a great trade to move down one spot and the only time we ever won a trade we made during the draft lol (I mean, we even gave away trent brown. pettis trade was the worst move we ever made)

I know @y2lamanaki was not happy we did not take kamara. Its why I kept an eye on him during the preseason and drafted him in the last round of every single fantasy football league I was in that year. championship! thanks y2

Im still waiting for shanahan to draft a running back that is worth a damn though. We have spent a lot of $$$ on the position, so its not like we havent spent resources there. I think this team could use a legit runner that we draft in the 2nd or third after we move down. I think its time given where our window is. makes sense to make a highly drafted RB be one of the final pieces, considering their shelf life, they are a luxury pick. We finally have that luxury. 

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

it was a good trade, just not a good result on the picks with regards to who we drafted. still a great trade to move down one spot and the only time we ever won a trade we made during the draft lol (I mean, we even gave away trent brown. pettis trade was the worst move we ever made)

I know @y2lamanaki was not happy we did not take kamara. Its why I kept an eye on him during the preseason and drafted him in the last round of every single fantasy football league I was in that year. championship! thanks y2

Im still waiting for shanahan to draft a running back that is worth a damn though. We have spent a lot of $$$ on the position, so its not like we havent spent resources there. I think this team could use a legit runner that we draft in the 2nd or third after we move down. I think its time given where our window is. makes sense to make a highly drafted RB be one of the final pieces, considering their shelf life, they are a luxury pick. We finally have that luxury. 

Heh, you quoted before my edit. Yes, I agree. I had to add that in because it was brilliant, results just didn't work out

If Mostert's numbers in the two playoff games this year were combined with his regular-season numbers, this is what his season would look like:

Carries: 178 (23rd in NFL)

Rushing Yards: 1,050 (14th in NFL)

YPC: 5.9 (2nd in NFL)

TD's: 12 (5th in NFL)

20+ Yd Runs: 5 (6th in NFL)

He was also the #1 RB in DVOA during the regular season, according to Football Outsiders. They don't have DVOA numbers for the playoffs. 

• Like 1