Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/02/report-49ers-extend-passing-game-coordinator-mike-lafleurs-contract/

We extended Mike LaFleur's contract (it was set to expire next week). Guess there was no hard feelings about being blocked for the Packers OC job. 

We might lose Mike McDaniel as OC of the Eagles, and Joe Woods as DC of the Browns.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/02/report-49ers-extend-passing-game-coordinator-mike-lafleurs-contract/

We extended Mike LaFleur's contract (it was set to expire next week). Guess there was no hard feelings about being blocked for the Packers OC job. 

We might lose Mike McDaniel as OC of the Eagles, and Joe Woods as DC of the Browns.

Woods will leave to Cleveland and looks like we are interested in Richards. 

Would hate losing McDaniel to Philly. And I was hoping he would go on to being the OC for Saleh whenever he gets a gig. What sucks is if McDaniels goes to Philly, then LaFleur will end up going with Saleh and we lose out on both of them. 

47 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

My guess is, Lafleur might not see the end of this extension. We might see another duo of brothers head coaching in the NFL in a few years. I'm glad he's staying. Having to replace only one of the two coordinators is as good as it gets, at this point.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Woods will leave to Cleveland and looks like we are interested in Richards. 

Would hate losing McDaniel to Philly. And I was hoping he would go on to being the OC for Saleh whenever he gets a gig. What sucks is if McDaniels goes to Philly, then LaFleur will end up going with Saleh and we lose out on both of them. 

Is McDaniel's contract up as well? It would make sense if he signed at the same time as Lafleur, back then. Who knows, maybe staying here has more appeal to McDaniel than going to Philly... or maybe his appeal to join Saleh when he leaves. Who knows, maybe he has a stronger bond with McDaniel. His best friend is Matt Lafleur, allegedly, but that doesn't mean he's as big of a friend with little brother Mike. Or maybe he don't want to hire an OC who will leave him just a year later for a HC job. If he feels McDaniel is further away, maybe he'd pick the guy that offers him a little more stability.

In any case, I hope we keep both guys another year.

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I read on twitter earlier today that were also working on extensions for Lynch, Shanahan, and Kittle.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Browns officially hired Joe Woods as DC.

I can't really speak on him as a DC, though Denver's defensive performances under him appear to have been okay, but I thought he did a damn fine job as a positional coach here. For years we haven't gotten progression from anyone in the secondary. Ward had the best season of his career and Moseley went from UDFA longshot roster guy to CB #2 and didn't look super out of place in doing so.