Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Forge said:

Did anyone mention the fact that celek retired?

No because literally no one cares lol 

I wonder if he will move out of the area. Wouldn't mind hiring him as a low end coach (one that doesn't count against the salary cap!!) That way he could essentially just ride the bench for the third year in a row hah

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 49ers DT D.J. Jones (ankle) is back to full health. 

Jones suffered a severe high-ankle sprain in December but says he has been 100 percent healthy since April. A strict nose tackle to this point in his career, Jones was hoping for a bigger role after the Niners traded DeForest Buckner, but Javon Kinlaw's selection at No. 14 curbed Jones' 2020 upside. He should remain in the 300-snap range. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
    May 21, 2020, 5:44 PM ET

•  
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 49ers WR Trent Taylor is running routes and making cuts while working out with Jimmy Garoppolo and other veteran receivers.

“I’m back to doing all my normal stuff,” Taylor said. “I don’t know if you would say that I’m ready to go out and play a football game. I mean, I could if I had to." While that's not a complete assertion that he is fully healthy, Taylor dealt with a continuous foot injury last season that included five surgeries, so this is significant progress. His home is in the slot and there is a path to playing time if Taylor can stay healthy. Jalen Hurd, Kendrick Bourne and Dante Pettis are also participating in the throwing sessions with Garoppolo.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:28 AM ET

•  
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:02 PM, oldman9er said:
  • 49ers DT D.J. Jones (ankle) is back to full health. 

Jones suffered a severe high-ankle sprain in December but says he has been 100 percent healthy since April. A strict nose tackle to this point in his career, Jones was hoping for a bigger role after the Niners traded DeForest Buckner, but Javon Kinlaw's selection at No. 14 curbed Jones' 2020 upside. He should remain in the 300-snap range. 

May 21, 2020, 5:44 PM ET

•  

Glad to see this. He took such huge strides last year. He and Kinlaw are going to be a good inside pairing and can spell each other when needed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Glad to see this. He took such huge strides last year. He and Kinlaw are going to be a good inside pairing and can spell each other when needed. 

it was a high ankle sprain I believe. If it would have happened a few weeks earlier he might have been able to work his way back. instead they let it take its time healing. So he absolutely was in no danger of not making a full recovery

last time we had a nose this talented on a rookie contract with a lower leg injury it was Ian Williams, so I guess I should always be happy with good medical news

I love DJJ. cant say enough good things about him. I want to pay the man right now. I also was the guy that said kittles extension could wait a year with a looming franchise tag. Could easily pay for both with a Garoppolo restructure and our existing cap space

Edited by N4L