Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, we need him for at least one more year. With limited draft resources, going to be very important to hit on some of these late round picks and I trust us to be able to do that better with him in the fold. 

For sure. I'm obviously happy that it appears we'll be able to keep him in the fold. I remember reading that Elway let Lynch take him because he thought it was a matter of time before he was going to leave to become a GM elsewhere; something like within a year or two. It's kind of nuts to me that he hasn't landed a GM job yet, but I'm not mad about it. The longer he sticks around the better IMO. Hopefully Lynch has been taking notes. 

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I know we've all been saying it. I wonder if it will happen? 

People always say this but has anyone asked Lynch how he would feel about this? And would Peters actually get to be a GM or will he still be answering to Lynch? If so, will he want to do that? 

More wishful thinking than anything else. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

People always say this but has anyone asked Lynch how he would feel about this? And would Peters actually get to be a GM or will he still be answering to Lynch? If so, will he want to do that? 

If he wants the recognition and the higher pay, sure, Peters would probably enjoy doing that, if he really likes it here. I feel like the job would be safer. His job elsewhere would be tied to the head coach, or at most to the following hire at HC. Here, the head coaching situation looks very stable for the foreseeable future. But in all the articles, he'd be referred as "GM Adam Peters", and would be considered, perhaps more than Lynch, the architect of this roster. I think John's philosophy is to have several different voices be heard, and trying to reach a consensus on players. His personality suits itself really well to being a president, and have his hand in everything. He can assist to the GM, assist the scouting, assist player development, all things GMs do, but perhaps don't have enough time for. Peters is perfect for being deep into college and pro scouting. I don't know how much Jed is willing to pay, but give Peters a raise and a title, and I have no doubt he should stay here rather than stake his reputation on a rebuild elsewhere. But you never know...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Peters would take the position mainly for the title. I think it’s a rumor, but his wife wants to stay either here in the Bay or would have preferred NY. We all know how that played out with the latter, so barring everything I wonder if that’s why this article came out. Meaning SF has spoken to Peters more about promotion and Lynch’s promotion to El-presidenta. 

Interesting, so Deebo is the top contractual priority of the team this offseason and not Bosa? I think both can get their deals this offseason or Bosa was always going to be the one to drag it out more.

Deebo likely only has a shelf life of his next deal and that is perfectly fine. Monster weapon and I just hope he continues to work as hard as he did this offseason and keeps implementing hot yoga to his regimen! 

• Like 2

I've tracking this for a while, but right now, the best the pick we're sending to Miami can be is 30th? I think that's the about the best outcome from that trade we possibly could have had. To me, that's part of the reason why the owner allows Kyle and John to keep Jimmy. 1) Rehabilitate his trade value. Instead of getting a fifth rounder last year, maybe we get a second rounder this year, or two lower picks (or we can dream of a first, even, but I won't go there). 2) try to win as much as possible and diminish the value we sent to the Dolphins. Another good season, and we'll have gotten our QB of the future for a 12th overall pick and nearly two second round picks. Good value.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I've tracking this for a while, but right now, the best the pick we're sending to Miami can be is 30th? I think that's the about the best outcome from that trade we possibly could have had. To me, that's part of the reason why the owner allows Kyle and John to keep Jimmy. 1) Rehabilitate his trade value. Instead of getting a fifth rounder last year, maybe we get a second rounder this year, or two lower picks (or we can dream of a first, even, but I won't go there). 2) try to win as much as possible and diminish the value we sent to the Dolphins. Another good season, and we'll have gotten our QB of the future for a 12th overall pick and nearly two second round picks. Good value.

If the 49ers lose but Bengals win this week, 29th, if both lose, 30th

• Like 1