Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

Well, looking on the bright side, if McDaniels and D. Ryan’s are hired as HC’s, we are gonna have a bunch of 3rd round comp pics for the foreseeable future.

correct me if I am wrong, but this is what we would be looking at for 3rd rounders:

Martin Mayhew- (1) got that last year

Saleh (2) - would start kicking in this year

McDaniel (2)

D. Ryan’s (2)

(based on the rules, we could only receive one per year)

while McDaniel and DeMeco would be substantial hits, they would provide some great picks for the next 6 years

19 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Well, looking on the bright side, if McDaniels and D. Ryan’s are hired as HC’s, we are gonna have a bunch of 3rd round comp pics for the foreseeable future.

correct me if I am wrong, but this is what we would be looking at for 3rd rounders:

Martin Mayhew- (1) got that last year

Saleh (2) - would start kicking in this year

McDaniel (2)

D. Ryan’s (2)

(based on the rules, we could only receive one per year)

while McDaniel and DeMeco would be substantial hits, they would provide some great picks for the next 6 years

The comp pick for this year from Saleh was traded as part of the Lance deal I'm pretty sure. 

I'm not sure how the rest goes. I think it's stupid if we have to wait until the 2024 / 25 for the two McDaniel and 26 / 27 for Ryans (2023 would be the comp pick for Mayhew). So if they only allow one per year, that's just kind of dumb lol 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

The comp pick for this year from Saleh was traded as part of the Lance deal I'm pretty sure. 

I'm not sure how the rest goes. I think it's stupid if we have to wait until the 2024 / 25 for the two McDaniel and 26 / 27 for Ryans (2023 would be the comp pick for Mayhew). So if they only allow one per year, that's just kind of dumb lol 

You are correct, that was traded, We do still have a 3rd round pick this year aside from that I believe.

But yeah, from what I read in the past, we would only receive 1 per year. Feel free to prove me wrong/correct me, but I believe I am correct and the picks would be spread for years. 

I am not sure this was well thought out by the NFL when the comp picks were established 

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I just caught myself up on the Joe Montana docuseries on Peacock and man that was good. I was born in 88, so just as Montana was toward the end. It was really cool to see the 80's Niners, man they were good. 

Same here. I was born in 89. My mom loved to poke fun at me that I didn't get to grow up watching Joe and Jerry Rice. 

I can only imagine what is was like to watch Joe come back down 17+ points in the fourth quarter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Same here. I was born in 89. My mom loved to poke fun at me that I didn't get to grow up watching Joe and Jerry Rice. 

I can only imagine what is was like to watch Joe come back down 17+ points in the fourth quarter.

I'm 1990, so Young was my first 49er QB. I'll give that a watch tonight, I have never seen a whole lot of video from back then. Moet everything I've absorbed has been through books and articles on the internet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'm 1990, so Young was my first 49er QB. I'll give that a watch tonight, I have never seen a whole lot of video from back then. Moet everything I've absorbed has been through books and articles on the internet

I started getting into the Niners in the late 90's due to my Dad being a Packers fan and seeing the Niners always playing them in the playoffs. I kind of rooted for them to rib my Dad a little, then I fell in love with Young, Rice, and co. 

I'd say the era where I really started paying attention and can easily remember is the transition from Mooch to the dark years. I missed 97% of the greatness and still stuck with the team.  

Also, enjoy. They're really fun to watch. I just got to EP5 and it seems like there is more to come, so they must still be releasing new episodes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I started getting into the Niners in the late 90's due to my Dad being a Packers fan and seeing the Niners always playing them in the playoffs. I kind of rooted for them to rib my Dad a little, then I fell in love with Young, Rice, and co. 

I'd say the era where I really started paying attention and can easily remember is the transition from Mooch to the dark years. I missed 97% of the greatness and still stuck with the team.  

Also, enjoy. They're really fun to watch. I just got to EP5 and it seems like there is more to come, so they must still be releasing new episodes. 

wow lol. I'm the opposite. I rooted for the 49ers because of my dad. If not for him, I might be a Raiders or Chargers fan based on their logo/jerseys. 

It is kinda weird to look back and see that the Harb era was 10 years ago. It seemed like yesterday...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

wow lol. I'm the opposite. I rooted for the 49ers because of my dad. If not for him, I might be a Raiders or Chargers fan based on their logo/jerseys. 

It is kinda weird to look back and see that the Harb era was 10 years ago. It seemed like yesterday...

For sure. It seems weird to say it's been a decade. 

Growing up in PA in the early 2000's, I was surrounded by the Big Ben Steelers at their height, the McNabb Eagles, and the Ray Lewis Ravens. If it wasn't for watching the 49ers every year play the Packers in playoffs, I'd probably be a fan of one of those teams. 

The dark years sucked, but TO, Garcia, Gore, and making the 49ers the best team in the NFL in Madden helped keep me going until we saw real success with Harbaugh's teams. 

Oh, I see a bunch of whipper-snappers!  Don't know the Montana days?! That's when I got interested. Born the tail end of '71, so I watched Joe, Jerry, Ronnie, Roger, Tom, etc. Well, when I could. As you can see from my name, I live in Cowboy country. Got interested in football and the 9ers, partly due to bristling at being told I should like the Cowboys just because they're regional. 

Yes, go catch up on the house that Walsh built. Love that dude, rough edges and all. 

There are a few here who go back further than Walsh, though. To those, my hat is off to you!

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, I see a bunch of whipper-snappers!  Don't know the Montana days?! That's when I got interested. Born the tail end of '71, so I watched Joe, Jerry, Ronnie, Roger, Tom, etc. Well, when I could. As you can see from my name, I live in Cowboy country. Got interested in football and the 9ers, partly due to bristling at being told I should like the Cowboys just because they're regional. 

Yes, go catch up on the house that Walsh built. Love that dude, rough edges and all. 

There are a few here who go back further than Walsh, though. To those, my hat is off to you!

Same, except it was the Ravens, Redskins, Steelers, and Eagles for me. I had zero interest in them. Young and Rice had all of my attention.