Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

#49ers DC DeMeco Ryans declined a second interview with the #Vikings, per source, opting to further his development in San Francisco. 

So four remain in Minnesota’s head coaching search: #Rams OC Kevin O’Connell and DC Raheem Morris, #Giants DC Patrick Graham and Jim Harbaugh.

Wonder if McDaniels will do the same?! 

10 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wonder if McDaniels will do the same?! 

If he's actually offered the job he can't turn it down. Right now Mike is a hot name & that can change very quickly, especially if our offense struggles next year

17 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

#49ers DC DeMeco Ryans declined a second interview with the #Vikings, per source, opting to further his development in San Francisco. 

So four remain in Minnesota’s head coaching search: #Rams OC Kevin O’Connell and DC Raheem Morris, #Giants DC Patrick Graham and Jim Harbaugh.

Big win for us. I was less worried about losing McDaniel than I was about losing Meco. Super glad he’s coming back.

• Like 1

I sure hope we don't lose McDaniel. That being said, I haven't heard anybody mention that we would get a 3rd round comp pick, since McDaniel is biracial. Better than losing him for nothing, I suppose.

I hope that Shanahan taught McDaniel everything he knows and is able to do the same with another young coach. If McDaniel was mostly responsible for our run game success, then we might be in trouble. Come on, Miami, hire Jim!

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

I sure hope we don't lose McDaniel. That being said, I haven't heard anybody mention that we would get a 3rd round comp pick, since McDaniel is biracial. Better than losing him for nothing, I suppose.

I hope that Shanahan taught McDaniel everything he knows and is able to do the same with another young coach. If McDaniel was mostly responsible for our run game success, then we might be in trouble. Come on, Miami, hire Jim!

Also - if Mike does leave, I hope he will have the support system he needs in Miami to stay healthy and sober. He is a hell of a guy and I'll be rooting for him. But come on, Miami, don't you want to hire Jim?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Minny would have been a good job for Ryans. But also the exact type of team for Harbaugh. 

I agree with this being a perfect fit for Harbaugh. Vikings fans will be calling him their savior after year one. Strong roster and his coaching style will get those guys going. That team kind of reminds me of us when he came here. Underachieving team that just need that spark that Jim can definitely provide. The trick with Harbaugh will be maintaining success like he was unable to do here.

21 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I think we get two actually. This was something we were talking about a week or two ago. I fully expect Demeco to be gone next year, and while it’s awesome that we get to keep him around this year, another bonus is that if we had lost McDaniel and Ryans in the same year we’d get three thirds. If we lost McDaniel and Ryans in contecutive years we’d get four thirds. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be stoked if McDaniel stuck around, but if we’re going to lose these guys, I’d like to maximize what we get for them.

• Like 1

Vikings are about as good a HC opportunity as you can get. Stable & patient ownership and a good base of talent. Also a perfect time to enter that division if Rodgers leaves. Solid veteran QB that you can win with immediately. And a GM that worked with Ryans for years here in SF so they have a working relationship. Big risk for Ryans to decline as anything can happen in a year but happy he chose to stay here. 

Would suck to lose Mike McDaniel as well, but Shanny is the main guy for our offense. I would guess Klay Kubiak or Bobby Slowik would move up the ranks in his absence. And i wonder who McDaniel would take with him, especially if Miami wants to keep their defensive staff intact

Edited by 49ersfan

I will say, for as much as Shanahan loathes going for it on 4th down with Jimmy, he loves to go for it with Lance. The 49ers went for forth downs 20 times in the regular season. 7 of those are with Lance in his two starts and I think there were another 2 from the Seattle game when Lance was in if I remember correctly, though those were just straight up necessities. Shanahan has stated he just feels far more comfortable going for it (and was a touch more desperate in the case of the AZ game) when the QB has legs for scrambles and the qb run game to provide more diversity in short yardage. Now, we did very poorly on those 4th down plays with Lance. Blocking errors. JJ Watt crushing McGlinchey. Justin Reid making an awesome play. Trying to truck a dude at the goal line. It’s a major thing that depressed our scoring when Lance played. But if those are in part growing pains and natural roster shakeup inefficiencies, we might end up solving two problems with one stone. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I will say, for as much as Shanahan loathes going for it on 4th down with Jimmy, he loves to go for it with Lance. The 49ers went for forth downs 20 times in the regular season. 7 of those are with Lance in his two starts and I think there were another 2 from the Seattle game when Lance was in if I remember correctly, though those were just straight up necessities. Shanahan has stated he just feels far more comfortable going for it (and was a touch more desperate in the case of the AZ game) when the QB has legs for scrambles and the qb run game to provide more diversity in short yardage. Now, we did very poorly on those 4th down plays with Lance. Blocking errors. JJ Watt crushing McGlinchey. Justin Reid making an awesome play. Trying to truck a dude at the goal line. It’s a major thing that depressed our scoring when Lance played. But if those are in part growing pains and natural roster shakeup inefficiencies, we might end up solving two problems with one stone. 

That’s crazy you mention that. I was just watching Lance’s plays from this season and was thinking that Kyle seemed to be far more comfortable going with Lance. I hadn’t heard him talk about it, but I was thinking about how awesome it will be next year if we started going more on those fourth and shorts like the one we punted on yesterday.

The rights to Tom that turns into a conditional pick if he doesn't unretire? If Trey struggles or gets injured in the second half of the season, Tom suddenly unretires, wins the superbowl, becomes a niners legend, goes to the hall of fame as a niner, says it was the plan all along. If Trey is great and healthy, Tom is hired as VP of football operations, gets a ring anyway, says it was the plan all along, eventually buys the team, Trey goes to the hall of fame, and the conditional pick we get because Tom didn't return from retirement becomes a hall of famer as well. 

How do you possibly say no to that?

Edit: Tom sells shares of the team to Richard Sherman, just to enjoy our wins against the Seahawks a little more. And they give the keys to the medical cart to Marshawn Lynch.

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 2