Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

On 10/4/2022 at 9:02 AM, N4L said:

We also have two thirds from McDaniel, Mayhew, and Saleh leaving 

I'm sure DeMeco leaves as well, so we will have three thirds (plus our regular third), plus those four comp picks listed above. 

7 picks plus our original 6 (minus the first to MIA)

That's very good. 

Wow, so 4 third round picks?  That's a lot of running backs.  **side eye emoji**

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

Against his old team he should be ready

That would be big if he could return against the Chargers. I don't expect him to be on the field this week but once Verrett is ready to go, we can shift Lenoir back in the slot and have Jimmie take over the FS slot. Gibson has done a sound job but he gets exposed in space and is not nearly the dynamic cover safety that Jimmie is. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rwwGvOZ_v6KRd1z7Yqbz0TVKg4nGe2pXmhv-Rh3YwYk/edit#gid=1720019133

Mildly nerdy flex that will probably be invalidated over time: I made some offensive distribution predictions for myself a bit ago and am pretty pleased by how closely I'm matching reality. Notable differences - McCaffrey's had a really rough YPC because of getting stoned in the Chargers game. Interesting to see how that develops. Kittle's gotten to about where I'd expect in terms of yards in spite of far fewer targets and catches. Giant broken tackle wound plays have helped with that. My expectations were for a top 5 unit and they've lived up to the bill against two struggling defenses. Long may it continue.

• Like 2