Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

28 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

CMC, Greenlaw & Wish were probably 2nd team snubs. I get Josh Jacobs as a 1st teamer

Hufanga feels overvalued at 1st team All-Pro, but I'm not sure who's been better. I can't think of a lot of top strong safeties

Apparently, CMC was only two voting points behind Chubb for 2nd team. 

Honestly, CMC is more than just a running back for us, he's an offensive weapon. His combined receiving/rushing production is better than about 95% of the skill players in the league. 

It's 2021 Deebo all over again. Is he a RB? Is he a WR? Is he neither? The answer is Yes, but the NFL doesn't know how to properly celebrate that kind of player yet.

Edited by NinerNation21

10 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Hufanga feels overvalued at 1st team All-Pro, but I'm not sure who's been better. I can't think of a lot of top strong safeties

Hufanga is very valued as a 1st team all-pro. Feels a lot like that year that Goldson was the first team all-pro. Good player, but I'm not really sure how good. Hufanga doing this in year 2 is different for long term outlook than Goldson doing this in year 6 

*Edit* 

That should have said very overvalued 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Hufanga is very valued as a 1st team all-pro. Feels a lot like that year that Goldson was the first team all-pro. Good player, but I'm not really sure how good. Hufanga doing this in year 2 is different for long term outlook than Goldson doing this in year 6 

Is it just splash plays and polumalu vibes?  Not that I dont like Huf but I dont know what he has really done to distinguish himself so much.  The safety play across the board is not that low is it?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, burlow said:

Is it just splash plays and polumalu vibes?  Not that I dont like Huf but I dont know what he has really done to distinguish himself so much.  The safety play across the board is not that low is it?

It's the splash plays and the polumalu vibes. 

Good for him, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who will let this affect his play, however being that he's on his rookie deal, I'd bet this inflates his second contract significantly. 

27 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I am not sure Denver makes sense for DeMeco. They already have Evero at DC there and their defense was a strength. They need an offensive coach. According to @Broncofan Evero will most likely stay on at DC unless he gets a HCing job somewhere. 

I have not heard of anyone being tied to DeMeco from our offensive staff, and considering it was all brand new this year, I am not sure we have any candidates worthy of running an entire offense on their own. 

It is good that this process has slowed down this offseason. No HCs have been hired yet. I am sure the dominos will fall shortly after this weekend though. Or perhaps later this week. Once one owner makes a move, usually there are other moves made quickly thereafter. 

Thinking about this weekend and if we were able to win, I would think this would be Shanahan's greatest win of his HC career.

To this point, what would you say are his 5 biggest wins?

For me:

1. 2019 NFC Title win over GB
  2. 2019 week 17 win in Seattle for first division title since 2012
  3. 2022 Divisional round win over Cowboys with rookie QB 
  4. 2021 Divisional round win over Packers in "their element"
  5. 2021 WC win over Cowboys with QB that had multiple injuries to throwing arm

• Like 1

Last year's week 18 game vs the 12-4 Rams is up there for me.. We needed that win to guarantee a playoff spot. Down 3-17 at halftime, we fought back and with 1:27 left Jimmy led that drive to take it to OT. 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 3

Truthfully, I wouldn't have last year's game against the Packers up there. 

Last year's game against the rams at the end of the season was bigger / better....

and you all want to get really crazy? 

I think you can put that 2017 tilt against the Jags in the top 7 of his games 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Truthfully, I wouldn't have last year's game against the Packers up there. 

Last year's game against the rams at the end of the season was bigger / better....

and you all want to get really crazy? 

I think you can put that 2017 tilt against the Jags in the top 7 of his games 

That's a good one. Whenever we're facing two tough corners (like this week) I always think back to this game because it was an excellent example of how to scheme your offense to attack a defense while staying away from elite corners.

My honorable mentions were:

• 2019 Saints shootout
  • 2019 Steelers turnover frenzy
  • 2021 overtime win in Cincinnati