Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Curious at the direction we'll take for  DC if/when Ryans takes a job(Houston)....

I know J has said he thinks it's internal and if the team has someone they believe is suited for the role I think he's right. 

If not, I may still expect him to go with a first time DC, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I know J has said he thinks it's internal and if the team has someone they believe is suited for the role I think he's right. 

If not, I may still expect him to go with a first time DC, to be honest. 

I thought Marquand Manuel, the Jets' DB coach, would be interesting, but he seems to be in-line to get the Panthers job already.

4 hours ago, P_locniners said:

He’s not going anywhere. This will be his 4th season and I would expect the Niners to take the 5th yr option.

I think Lynch puts every player on the trade block before he starts to negotiate a new contract.  Most of their agents hear about it and the player takes it it personally.   Not sure if any of that is happening now....or ever, it is just a conspiracy theory I have.

It sounds like a clever way of determining how the league values a player.

53 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think Lynch puts every player on the trade block before he starts to negotiate a new contract.  Most of their agents hear about it and the player takes it it personally.   Not sure if any of that is happening now....or ever, it is just a conspiracy theory I have.

It sounds like a clever way of determining how the league values a player.

There is NO logical reason to put him on the market, two years left (5th ur option) and he was basically our #1 WR. We have window and there is no point in losing that talent…I call BS

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

There is NO logical reason to put him on the market, two years left (5th ur option) and he was basically our #1 WR. We have window and there is no point in losing that talent…I call BS

Doesn't hurt to listen to offers anyway.  I'd like to know what the league thought of my players, even if I had zero intention of trading them.  Seems like a good starting point for a negotiation.

It's probably just his agent being agent-y.

Just saw the clip from Mike Silver interviewing Joe Montana. Montana said we should roll with Jimmy, has nothing to back it up, then takes a little jab at Steve Young at the end

as much as I respect Joe’s legacy with the Niners, the guy has always struck me as a huge jerk. He never liked Trey to begin with, so he won’t ever support him. He likes to act like he has all the answers but there is a reason no one listens to what he would do, because his answers are stupid

the guy just has a massive ego and chip on his shoulder……let it go Joe, let it go

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Just saw the clip from Mike Silver interviewing Joe Montana. Montana said we should roll with Jimmy, has nothing to back it up, then takes a little jab at Steve Young at the end

as much as I respect Joe’s legacy with the Niners, the guy has always struck me as a huge jerk. He never liked Trey to begin with, so he won’t ever support him. He likes to act like he has all the answers but there is a reason no one listens to what he would do, because his answers are stupid

the guy just has a massive ego and chip on his shoulder……let it go Joe, let it go

Most of the greats do. That’s why I’d rather listen to what a Collinsworth or romo have to say vs someone like aikman. I even remember one time dierdorf going off about a kicker on a sportscast and saying “what’s he gonna do, he’s a kicker. Good luck.”  

To some extent all the great ones are biased and their opinion is based on a selfish need, like their legacy or their style of play or a situation they were in or something. 

• Like 1