Jump to content

Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos


y2lamanaki

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Colts got McLaughlin on waivers, and Bills + Pats put in claims too. 

We couldn't have just IR'ed Celek or something for a free roster spot? Gould is clearly off this year, why not keep a little insurance? 

I know. I have little faith in Gould right now and even less in Celek. It may be time for Celek to head out to pasture...he was actually a liability in the Ravens game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Colts got McLaughlin on waivers, and Bills + Pats put in claims too. 

We couldn't have just IR'ed Celek or something for a free roster spot? Gould is clearly off this year, why not keep a little insurance? 

The Celek thought is an interesting one, but holding onto two kickers is not a good strategy either. Especially when we are down to three healthy safeties. 

You could definitely make a case for cutting/IR-ing a TE because of the four of them active (and one often inactive on game day), but ultimately those game day slots are incredibly important and it's tough to keep 2 kickers on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49ers radio broadcaster Tim Ryan will be suspended one game for a remark he made on KNBR during Mac and Murph, regarding Lamar Jackson's skin color in the context of playing a football game.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/49ers-suspend-broadcaster-Tim-Ryan-for-saying-14882642.php

Unfortunate, but you read the context of what he was trying to get across, it isn't malicious. In the current climate though you can't make those remarks, as they can easily be misconstrued as something negative. 49ers contacted the Ravens to clear up the matter, and Ryan will be back in the saddle when the 49ers play the Falcons. In the meantime, former 49er Dennis Brown will fill in next to Greg Papa.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

49ers radio broadcaster Tim Ryan will be suspended one game for a remark he made on KNBR during Mac and Murph, regarding Lamar Jackson's skin color in the context of playing a football game.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/49ers-suspend-broadcaster-Tim-Ryan-for-saying-14882642.php

Unfortunate, but you read the context of what he was trying to get across, it isn't malicious. In the current climate though you can't make those remarks, as they can easily be misconstrued as something negative. 49ers contacted the Ravens to clear up the matter, and Ryan will be back in the saddle when the 49ers play the Falcons. In the meantime, former 49er Dennis Brown will fill in next to Greg Papa.

I feel the same. I don't think he was trying to be hurtful, but at the same time, you can't say something like that. It's never going to end well. Just keep that thought in your mind and move on to another talking point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

The Celek thought is an interesting one, but holding onto two kickers is not a good strategy either. Especially when we are down to three healthy safeties. 

You could definitely make a case for cutting/IR-ing a TE because of the four of them active (and one often inactive on game day), but ultimately those game day slots are incredibly important and it's tough to keep 2 kickers on it.

And honestly, I think he had a opportunity to earn a roster spot, had he made that game-winning kick against Seattle. He makes that kick and they do probably try to keep him around. But he utterly choked the opportunity away. There was no doubt he was gone as soon as Gould was healthy after he missed that kick. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will defer to Richard Sherman's comments regarding Tim Ryan. If sherm is good, I'm good. 

I love Tim Ryan but those were foolish to make but he's not wrong tbh 

Also, the AFC will be the home team in the Superbowl, so very likely they are wearing all black if we are fortunate enough to play them again 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a thought the other day that I meant to post on here: 

Facts: Ward and tartt grew up in the same area and played HS football together. Both have issues with broken bones 

Speculation: there was something in the drinking water where they grew up that prevented their bone density developing normally 

Where is Erin brokovich when you need her 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I had a thought the other day that I meant to post on here: 

Facts: Ward and tartt grew up in the same area and played HS football together. Both have issues with broken bones 

Speculation: there was something in the drinking water where they grew up that prevented their bone density developing normally 

Where is Erin brokovich when you need her 

The fact that you posted this in the middle of the night makes this conspiracy theory even better. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-12-05 at 3:41 PM, Chrissooner49er said:

I know. I have little faith in Gould right now and even less in Celek. It may be time for Celek to head out to pasture...he was actually a liability in the Ravens game.

I'll have faith in Gould as long as George keeps dragging defenders for 15 yards while adding a facemask penalty on top of it. Robbie can pull these off. Not so confident on 45+ yards game winners, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...