Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

46 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's definitely getting flexed. Winner takes #1 seed and division title. They flexed the Colts vs Titans last year because the division was on the line. Our week 17 game this year has bigger stakes. 

You could argue the stakes are lower because both of us have already clinched playoff spots. Colts Titans last year was win or go home 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I think the deadline for flexing week 17 is today at 12pm PST. So we should get some sort of update about our game 

I'm not sure if getting flexed is good/bad/irrelevant 

Was trying to find the post where someone said we hadn't won in Seattle since 2011... How many of those starts came with Garoppolo? xD

I believe for week 17, they decide after the week 16 games. Also, networks can't protect a game week 17. We'll probably find out on Sunday

If we win, thats the likely flex. But HOU/TEN could be win or go home, so thats another strong candidate.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think you have to put a designation on season ending IR or short-term IR. I think the writer who had the quote you posted is wrong.

But either way, HIGHLY doubtful Alexander returns this season. Huge risk bringing him back after a few months when that injury is minimum a six month recovery. 

Guess I would put my trust in MM on this:

1 hour ago, N4L said:

You could argue the stakes are lower because both of us have already clinched playoff spots. Colts Titans last year was win or go home 

This game will decide who runs the table for the Superbowl on the NFC side, as opposed to who gets the 3rd seed last year. Bigger implications than last year's flexed game. 

33 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This game will decide who runs the table for the Superbowl on the NFC side, as opposed to who gets the 3rd seed last year. Bigger implications than last year's flexed game. 

I would disagree, respectfully. 

Win or go home is more important than seeding. Seeding can be overcome, but if you are at home for week 1 of the playoffs, you wont overcome that lol 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I would disagree, respectfully. 

Win or go home is more important than seeding. Seeding can be overcome, but if you are at home for week 1 of the playoffs, you wont overcome that lol 

Win or go home might be more important to the team that is playing but not necessarily to those who will be watching the game - who are far more important in this decision. San Francisco/Seattle is infinitely more interesting across the country than Houston/Tennessee. 

• Like 1