Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

I'm not sure where to put this, but I wanted to ask a question. 

Would you rather keep Tevin Coleman or give Jet a chance next season? They both save the same amount of money, roughly (Jet saves 4.55, Coleman saves 4.9), if cut. Most know my opinion - I would cut them both. But if the team wanted to keep one of them, which would you rather go with? 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure where to put this, but I wanted to ask a question. 

Would you rather keep Tevin Coleman or give Jet a chance next season? They both save the same amount of money, roughly (Jet saves 4.55, Coleman saves 4.9), if cut. Most know my opinion - I would cut them both. But if the team wanted to keep one of them, which would you rather go with? 

Neither 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, but that's not the question. If given the choice, who are you keeping if we are keeping one? I kind of feel like I would keep Jet. 

I can’t lean towards Jet as much as I would like to especially with reoccurring injuries. I would rather keep Coleman so I can feel some kind of consistency even though I doubt he’s the number one back. I wonder if we try to make Mostert the number one or what’s Breida’s role now that Mostert has blossomed. Yes I took over your question lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

What might be the Richburg restructure

That's the only thing it can be. Yates' initial tweet was misleading because he made it seem like we were putting more on this year's cap to save money for next season, but that doesn't make any sense when you consider the roll over. If anything, it would make more sense to restructure his base for next season and push it out into further seasons as a bonus. 

I'm not a big fan of that at all with Richburg, just because I don't want to be tied to him for longer than I have to be given the injuries. This is basically the third season in a row that he's had derailed due to injury (even if he did play just about the entire season last year, he was never himself and his play significantly suffered last year) 

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's the only thing it can be. Yates' initial tweet was misleading because he made it seem like we were putting more on this year's cap to save money for next season, but that doesn't make any sense when you consider the roll over. If anything, it would make more sense to restructure his base for next season and push it out into further seasons as a bonus. 

I'm not a big fan of that at all with Richburg, just because I don't want to be tied to him for longer than I have to be given the injuries. This is basically the third season in a row that he's had derailed due to injury (even if he did play just about the entire season last year, he was never himself and his play significantly suffered last year) 

Yea we should really look into drafting a viable replacement there. When healthy, he fits the scheme like no other. But like Ford, he has had issues staying healthy virtually his entire career. Can't really trust his availability if I'm being honest.

• Like 1

We signed Earl Mitchell and released Exum, Jr. Really needed a true NT with Taylor and Jones both gone for the year so the move makes a ton of sense. Hopefully it also means Tartt is in line to get back on the field. Hopefully Mitchell can be up to snuff in a week but he's a vet and he's played in the scheme before so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We signed Earl Mitchell and released Exum, Jr. Really needed a true NT with Taylor and Jones both gone for the year so the move makes a ton of sense. Hopefully it also means Tartt is in line to get back on the field. Hopefully Mitchell can be up to snuff in a week but he's a vet and he's played in the scheme before so it shouldn't be a problem.

The release of Exum is definitely a clear sign that Tartt will play and Harris will return to Special Teams duties. Otherwise, this move only weakens the Special Teams given that Exum has been active each week he's been on the roster for that purpose, and Mitchell certainly won't be joining those units. So a great sign for sure. 

• Like 1