Jump to content

Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

 

Bryant Young was named a Hall of Fame finalist for the first time, and Patrick Willis was not named a finalist.

That’s not right, especially with other LBs on the list that were never the player he was.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

That’s not right, especially with other LBs on the list that were never the player he was.

He'll get in eventually, but everyone knew it was gonna take longer than it should just because he retired young. Zach Thomas is no chump though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2020 at 7:54 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

He didn't let Mike leave since he wasn't going to be calling plays. So unilateral move. He let Rich leave to be the OC of Denver. 

If Saleh gets a HC gig, I doubt Shanny blocks McDaniels or LaFluer since they will be the ones calling the plays. 

The other thing going for Saleh is that the Browns want the new HC to assist with picking the new GM. It seems that Cleveland want to do things the same way as SF did and SF have a couple of potential GMs in house that Saleh may want to bring with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nayad said:

He'll get in eventually, but everyone knew it was gonna take longer than it should just because he retired young. Zach Thomas is no chump though. 

It’s not the hall of who’s played the longest though. Peak Willis was better than a great deal of the players on the list. While he didn’t play 15 years, he had sustained success through his entire career, so I don’t think it should take any longer personally. I doubt Megatron is going to have to wait.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

It’s not the hall of who’s played the longest though. Peak Willis was better than a great deal of the players on the list. While he didn’t play 15 years, he had sustained success through his entire career, so I don’t think it should take any longer personally. I doubt Megatron is going to have to wait.

I dont think it should take longer either but clearly its going to have to. Megatron was better than Willis and for a couple years longer, and he too might have to wait, but we'll see what the voters say next year. Terrell Davis is probably a better comparison. Look how long he had to wait to get in, 15 years! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nayad said:

I dont think it should take longer either but clearly its going to have to. Megatron was better than Willis and for a couple years longer, and he too might have to wait, but we'll see what the voters say next year. Terrell Davis is probably a better comparison. Look how long he had to wait to get in, 15 years! 

 

Johnson played one more season than Willis. He made the Pro Bowl 6x and was All Pro 3x. Willis was a 7x pro bowler, and 5x 1st team all pro while having another 2nd team all pro. Sorry, but I don't see Johnson as the better player. He was ATG for a stretch, but his career was not better than Willis. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nayad said:

I dont think it should take longer either but clearly its going to have to. Megatron was better than Willis and for a couple years longer, and he too might have to wait, but we'll see what the voters say next year. Terrell Davis is probably a better comparison. Look how long he had to wait to get in, 15 years! 

 

Not that pro-bowls and all-pro votes are the end-all-be-all, but here is how Willis and Johnson line up (with Calvin Johnson playing 23 more regular season games than Pat). 

Patrick Willis

Calvin Johnson

 

I’ll also throw in TD here since you brought him up. Davis pretty much has 3 dominant years; so while I stand by my original statement that ‘it’s not about how long you play’, Pat had far more sustained success than Davis.

Terrell Davis

Edited by Gore Whore 21
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nayad said:

All i'm saying is nobody should be surprised by Patrick willis not getting in the HOF on his first chance, no need to start listing the resume like I dont know who he is. lol 

If you don't think he deserves to at least be a finalist in this overcrowded /oversized class, then maybe you do need to see his resume lol 

Patrick Willis is a first ballot unanimous HOF level football player on the field and a first rate human being off of it. Epitome of class and character. Frankly, not being recognized as such by the voters is a travesty imo

Might work out better though, smaller class next year = more intimate and personal ceremony. So, I will give the voters a pass this year due to special circumstances and hope they get it right next year 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

That’s not right, especially with other LBs on the list that were never the player he was.

Willis should have been a finalist. Zach Thomas I can see him making it since he's waited for a while now, and played longer. He's a HOF linebacker as well, and definitely in the league of Willis, Lewis, Urlacher, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, N4L said:

If you don't think he deserves to at least be a finalist in this overcrowded /oversized class, then maybe you do need to see his resume lol 

Patrick Willis is a first ballot unanimous HOF level football player on the field and a first rate human being off of it. Epitome of class and character. Frankly, not being recognized as such by the voters is a travesty imo

Might work out better though, smaller class next year = more intimate and personal ceremony. So, I will give the voters a pass this year due to special circumstances and hope they get it right next year 

imo, there's only one player on that list the was better than pat and that's the first name you see. Honestly looking at this list it makes it even more disappointing that he didn't get in as a finalist. Stats and awards are one thing but what about the eye test? Willis was THE measuring stick the moment he got on the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Not that pro-bowls and all-pro votes are the end-all-be-all, but here is how Willis and Johnson line up (with Calvin Johnson playing 23 more regular season games than Pat). 

Patrick Willis

Calvin Johnson

 

I’ll also throw in TD here since you brought him up. Davis pretty much has 3 dominant years; so while I stand by my original statement that ‘it’s not about how long you play’, Pat had far more sustained success than Davis.

Terrell Davis

Yet it took TD almost ten years to get in which I thought was too long for him.

Megatron probably gets the nod over Willis when it comes to who makes the hall first because voters will probably look at his record setting year(when he broke rice's record) and say ok he's in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...