Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Eh, I don't know. Davis and Kendricks were legit picks (and far bigger pro bowl snubs). Funny story - Davis had a pro bowl incentive in his contract, but not an all pro one. So he gets snubbed for the pro bowl for some reason, but gets a first team all pro, and his contract incentive doesn't kick in. That's some crap right there lol. 

But Kendricks / Davis absolutely deserved the team. Leonard has probably had the better season than warner. Kuechly is probably the one that shouldn't be there. I could easily make a case for Warner over Kuechly, but impossible to overcome the name value sometimes. 

Still doesnt make sense why Watt made the list twice. 

But I agree Kuechly probably shouldn't have, I'm trying to find a list of who won defensive player of the month throughout the season. I know Bosa and Warner both did once, and I think Barrett did too, but who won it this past month. You'd think those accolades count for something

Edited by nayad

1 minute ago, nayad said:

Still doesnt make sense why Watt made the list twice. 

Thats been an issue for a long time. Justin Smith once made the roster in two positions, that's how long that this has been going on. Until they clean up the positional issues on the AP voting, that's going to happen. Voters put people just wherever. I mean, CMC got both the first team flex and the first team RB spot lol. 

You see it most commonly happen on the defensive side of the ball. Technically TJ Watt is an edge rusher and a linebacker, but having people being able to vote for a player and place them in positions is just silly. They need to unify the players / positions. If someone gets votes at multiple positions, you put them at *one* spot. The next highest vote count determines which position they get. This most frequently happens with the DE/DT situation and I actually get htat because players bounce around the line, but edge rusher / linebacker is fairly self explanatory, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kittle made 1st team all pro and Buckner/Sherman made 2nd team all pro.

Shame how Armstead didn't make 2nd team all pro as he deserved it over Buckner. Though if they put Armstead at edge then it gets a little tricky.

Armstead: 

10 sacks, 62 pressures, 18 QB hits, 32 tackles, 11 TFL, 2 FF, 1 FR, 

Buckner: 

7.5 sacks, 55 pressures, 14 QB hits, 33 tackles, 9 TFL, 2 FF, 4 FR, 1 defensive touchdown

Similar numbers until this stat:  

Double Teams Faced: 

Armstead: 204

Buckner: 268

I swear, one of these years this forum will give poor DeForest Buckner some well-deserved love. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Armstead: 

10 sacks, 62 pressures, 18 QB hits, 32 tackles, 11 TFL, 2 FF, 1 FR, 

Buckner: 

7.5 sacks, 55 pressures, 14 QB hits, 33 tackles, 9 TFL, 2 FF, 4 FR, 1 defensive touchdown

Similar numbers until this stat:  

Double Teams Faced: 

Armstead: 204

Buckner: 268

I swear, one of these years this forum will give poor DeForest Buckner some well-deserved love. 

where are you grabbing double team stats from? I'd be really curious to where he stands up in regards to other interior rushers. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

It was from a tweet credited to Next Gen Stats. 

I wish that they would make those stats more readily available. They don't include stuff like that on their website, it's super annoying. I'd love to have more access to things like that. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I wish that they would make those stats more readily available. They don't include stuff like that on their website, it's super annoying. I'd love to have more access to things like that. 

Same here. I've tried to find any way to pull up similar stats, but I can't locate them on any of the normal channels. 

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah, when I watched that Seatle game again, I keyed in on Buck more. I remember being irritated watching it live.. that he was invisible in that game, but a) he really wasn't, and b) I did notice a lot of extra blocking attention on him.