Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

31 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

He shouldn’t even be able to watch football after that performance lol

It's not really his fault though. He is a developmental type of talent that was thrown in the fire. Fans shouldn't fault him, they should fault Saleh. When you see a fringe roster type struggling like that you throw him a life jacket, you don't sit there and watch him drown.

I would have no problem keeping Allen around and seeing if he could develop here as a 4th or 5th CB. I thought he had decent coverage on a few throws, just didn't get his head around. Then he started to panic and lost technique and it spiraled downhere from there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

It's not really his fault though. He is a developmental type of talent that was thrown in the fire. Fans shouldn't fault him, they should fault Saleh. When you see a fringe roster type struggling like that you throw him a life jacket, you don't sit there and watch him drown.

I would have no problem keeping Allen around and seeing if he could develop here as a 4th or 5th CB. I thought he had decent coverage on a few throws, just didn't get his head around. Then he started to panic and lost technique and it spiraled downhere from there.

Personally I think it’s more likely he just isn’t very good. He was drafted like 4 years ago and hasn’t done anything to earn himself a role across multiple teams. I do think they let that massacre go on way too long though. 

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Talk to me @Forge.

Pretty negligible given the amount. My guess is, without seeing the actual specifics in terms of years and all that, we probably shed about 1m this year, added on 2 years (wish we'd stop doing that, bad habit to be in) and probably took about a 333K hit on each of those. 

It doesn't even really tie us to him any longer or anything. Probably go from saving 5 million if we cut him next season to saving 4 million. 

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

So, this brings up an interesting conversation. What happens when Mostert, Coleman, and Wilson come back healthy? What happens when all 5 RBs are healthy at once, what happens to the roster build?

Mostert

McKinnon

Coleman

Wilson

Hasty

Who goes and who stays this season?

Cut or trade McKinnon or Coleman is my take. I doubt either will be on the roster next year anyways 

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Cut or trade McKinnon or Coleman is my take. I doubt either will be on the roster next year anyways 

That would need to happen today or tomorrow, which is highly unlikely since there are only two healthy RBs on the roster right now. Ideally, if everyone was healthy, Coleman or McKinnon would've been traded by now. Unfortunately, injuries have derailed that. 

Either Coleman or McKinnon could be released later in the year with little to no dead cap, but also no positive cap space gained. 

Edited by NinerNation21