Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

17 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Does anyone see the niners re-signing Jason Verrett? How would they structure the deal?

I hope we bring him back on an incentive laden deal. Can't really trust him to stay healthy, although he's done well in that regard this year thus far. He's been playing well for us and I think he'll only continue to get better in this system assuming he stays healthy. I'd love to see him play with Bosa and the rest of our defense healthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I hope we bring him back on an incentive laden deal. Can't really trust him to stay healthy, although he's done well in that regard this year thus far. He's been playing well for us and I think he'll only continue to get better in this system assuming he stays healthy. I'd love to see him play with Bosa and the rest of our defense healthy. 

All of this BUT they absolutely should not pencil him in as the starter. They need to draft and sign legit competition to compete with him. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd also bring back Jamar Taylor too. He hasn't been great but I think there's potential with him in this scheme with a better pass-rush and another off-season to get his cohension with the rest of the unit. He should be fairly cheap. 

Agreed. I wonder what it'll take to bring back K'Wuan Williams. He may have priced himself out of our range as well with his stellar play over the last couple of years. We may have to rely on Taylor to be our in-house replacement.  It'll be super interesting to see who we bring back and who we let test the market this offseason. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Will probably get him, we where the closet team who had put a claim in last week.

@Forge is now a happy man!

But I dig it. I like we are taking chances on guys like Tak and Baker. Super low risk and if they don't amount to anything, then no problem. They are former first round picks so they may prove to be legit roster players going forward. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But I dig it. I like we are taking chances on guys like Tak and Baker. Super low risk and if they don't amount to anything, then no problem. They are former first round picks so they may prove to be legit roster players going forward. 

Kyle says he hasn't had any discussions about Baker.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It just makes sense. We have to figure out what to do on that edge, and there's a legit possibility that we have to nickel and dime it. He's got some health issues for sure, which is a problem...but at some point, paying 3-4 million for a couple of guys like Takk + someone else makes more sense than paying Dee Ford 6+. Low cost, high upside. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It just makes sense. We have to figure out what to do on that edge, and there's a legit possibility that we have to nickel and dime it. He's got some health issues for sure, which is a problem...but at some point, paying 3-4 million for a couple of guys like Takk + someone else makes more sense than paying Dee Ford 6+. Low cost, high upside. 

Agreed. Take the platoon approach across from Bosa with guys like Takk and Willis and see if they can produce. Hyder probably played himself off this team, but we’ve got a good chance to bring back Ronnie Blair as well.

• Like 2

I don't remember seeing it posted on this board, but we've got a number of players on the reserve/covid list. 

Arik Armstead, Hronnis Grasu, Joe Walker, & Javon Kinlaw were placed earlier in the week. 

Today, Brandon Aiyuk, Trent Williams, & Daniel Helm were placed on it as well. 

If they tested positive, they'll likely have to miss next week's game. Luckily, we're on a bye this week

I just hope everyone gets through it ok. 

Edited by 49ersfan

• 2 weeks later...

So uh....it looks like we need a temporary stadium + practice facility for the rest of the season. 

Arizona? Las Vegas? Old Oakland or San Diego stadiums?

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article247480370.html

Per the county’s new health guidelines, contact sports will be prohibited in the county for a minimum of the next three weeks. That means the 49ers, Stanford football team, San Jose State football team and the San Jose Sharks will all be impacted, at the least.

“The update today for the professional sports and collegiate sports directive will temporarily suspend activities that require direct physical contact or interaction in Santa Clara,” Williams said. “So that means that for those teams, they will not be able to play games or have practices where they have direct contact within the county.”

The 49ers have three remaining home games on their regular season schedule: against Buffalo on Monday, Dec. 7, Washington on Sunday, Dec. 13 and the season finale Sunday, Jan. 3 against Seattle. Alternative sites for practices and games were not immediately known.