Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

24 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't know many people who thought Jefferson would be THIS good this fast. He's balling out and overachieving like crazy. If he keeps this level of play up over multiple years, he's a top 5 WR in the game.

I saw Jefferson as one of the safest receivers in the draft, but I didn't think he'd be as dynamic as he's been. He kind of reminded me of Davante Adams when he was coming out of Fresno. Huge numbers in college and just super solid at everything. 

11 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I saw Jefferson as one of the safest receivers in the draft, but I didn't think he'd be as dynamic as he's been. He kind of reminded me of Davante Adams when he was coming out of Fresno. Huge numbers in college and just super solid at everything. 

The problem I think a lot of people saw with Jefferson is just that he wasn't all that dynamic on the outside. His final year, he played almost exclusively out of hte slot, I think, and he was dynamite. The year before, he played a lot more on the outside and he was kind of meh. Now...there's a whole world of difference between those two years. In one year, Joe Burrow was the #1 overall pick, in the other he was a late round flier. One year had Joe Brady, the other didn't. It's really hard to peg what's real and not and what is important what is not when you have those kind of substantial changes. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

The problem I think a lot of people saw with Jefferson is just that he wasn't all that dynamic on the outside. His final year, he played almost exclusively out of hte slot, I think, and he was dynamite. The year before, he played a lot more on the outside and he was kind of meh. Now...there's a whole world of difference between those two years. In one year, Joe Burrow was the #1 overall pick, in the other he was a late round flier. One year had Joe Brady, the other didn't. It's really hard to peg what's real and not and what is important what is not when you have those kind of substantial changes. 

Right - he has gotten so much better with incredible varied releases to beat tight man coverage on the outside since 2018. He caught a ton of wide open deep over routes from the slot at LSU senior year - great scheme, great zone intelligence, great QB, less attention because of other weapons. He was athletic and better than average after the catch, but the concern was that he'd be Cooper Kupp with maybe a little upside - incredibly reliable, but also somewhat limited and replaceable and scheme dependant. Plus, he's so good at the catch point now - he didn't drop anything in college, but didn't have a lot of recent contested targets either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't know many people who thought Jefferson would be THIS good this fast. He's balling out and overachieving like crazy. If he keeps this level of play up over multiple years, he's a top 5 WR in the game.

Not this fast but we was my #3 WR behind Jeudy & Lamb. He was more raw as a route runner so I thought he would need some time but his athletic traits were better than both. Not too surprised he's had an impact early but he's been damn near dominant and that I didn't see coming.

The San Francisco 49ers will be staying in Arizona for the remainder of the 2020 season, the team announced to a pool of reporters Friday. San Francisco will play the remainder of its home games at the University of Phoenix Stadium after Santa Clara County extended its COVID-19 restrictions, which include the ban of contact sports, to Jan. 8.

San Francisco spent the past two "home" games in Arizona, dropping both contests. They were scheduled to play one more game in Arizona -- as the road team against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 16 -- before traveling back home to host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 17. That final regular season game will be played in Arizona instead. San Francisco will end the 2020 season playing three "home" games in the home of the Cardinals and a road game there. 

Edited by Aussie9er

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I guess Richburg is one? if he doesn't retire? We already redid Ford's deal right? so possibly couldn't do it again?

We already restructured Richburg. The three guys we restructured are Richburg, Ford and Kwon LOL. We also gave Laken a very small restructure, but honestly it was completely negligible. You could restructure Dee Ford again if he failed his physical and we were stuck with his guaranteed salary. 

The person you'd most likely be looking at is Jimmy though. Especially if the team believes they are going to keep him around next year no matter what (which I do...I think there's a good chance he's gone, but when I say "good chance", I'm talking 30-40%, which is still a hefty percentage, but not the most likely outcome). After that, the options are pretty minimal. Jimmie Ward / Dee Ford are probably the most likely. You would add a couple of ghost years to Ward's contract. Would probably save about 5.5 - 6 million

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We already restructured Richburg. The three guys we restructured are Richburg, Ford and Kwon LOL. We also gave Laken a very small restructure, but honestly it was completely negligible. You could restructure Dee Ford again if he failed his physical and we were stuck with his guaranteed salary. 

The person you'd most likely be looking at is Jimmy though. Especially if the team believes they are going to keep him around next year no matter what (which I do...I think there's a good chance he's gone, but when I say "good chance", I'm talking 30-40%, which is still a hefty percentage, but not the most likely outcome). After that, the options are pretty minimal. Jimmie Ward / Dee Ford are probably the most likely. You would add a couple of ghost years to Ward's contract. Would probably save about 5.5 - 6 million

ah forgot about Richburg....