Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

DVOA ratings heading into week 17?

Team - 12

Offense - 18

Defense - 6

Nothing short of remarkable to be this good defensively with the amount of injuries this team has faced. Offensively, just below average QB play gets us close to the 10-12 range, but that's how bad it has been. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

DVOA ratings heading into week 17?

Team - 12

Offense - 18

Defense - 6

Nothing short of remarkable to be this good defensively with the amount of injuries this team has faced. Offensively, just below average QB play gets us close to the 10-12 range, but that's how bad it has been. 

I really hope Saleh gets a job. Completely remarkable. And it's not like we have feasted on easy offenses. We are dead on in hte middle of the pack for schedule rank. 3 of the 5 teams ahead of us by dvoa have played much easier offenses (Pitt - 30th, Was - 26th, Rams - 24th)

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really hope Saleh gets a job. Completely remarkable. And it's not like we have feasted on easy offenses. We are dead on in hte middle of the pack for schedule rank. 3 of the 5 teams ahead of us by dvoa have played much easier offenses (Pitt - 30th, Was - 26th, Rams - 24th)

Can you imagine what our defense would've looked like with a healthy Bosa and Ford on the edge? We'd be fighting for the #1 defense. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Yep. We had to pick up the first half of hte option this week. We wanted to shave some of the money, but we gave him a bit more security with more money overall. Solid play for both parties. 

This is the first I'm seeing of a projected cap number in 2021. Lombardi has been tweeting up a storm about the 2021 offseason today.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This is the first I'm seeing of a projected cap number in 2021. Lombardi has been tweeting up a storm about the 2021 offseason today.

He basically retweeted everything from the finale against Seattle last night which was pretty funny. I'll dig into him later as I'm sure I'll have some responses. I tend to tweet at him a bit. Sometimes he responds, sometimes he doesn't. 

The thing about Lombardi is that he's a true Jimmy Stan...which is fine, but its hard to have a true discussion with him about it over twitter. He'd be a guy I'd love to sit down and talk about it with. I wonder if I can get a spot next to him and Barrows on their pod to discuss. Podcaster to podcaster :D:D:D😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's really nice to mostly interact on here with people who have a tremendous baseline of knowledge about the NFL. Twitter is scary sometimes. 

I think I am an elitist prick. 

Twitter is a mixed bag of craziness with sports fans. Too many people play madden franchise mode with real teams and think it’s totally reasonable to make wild trades and sign all the top free agents. 

20 hours ago, Forge said:

It's really nice to mostly interact on here with people who have a tremendous baseline of knowledge about the NFL. Twitter is scary sometimes. 

I think I am an elitist prick. 

Honestly. It was great to stumble onto this site 15 years ago. Back when I used Facebook the comments on the 49ers page were just asinine. Plus I got my numbers man because I’m too lazy to learn about NFL contracts myself. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/six-49ers-who-could-play-last-game-team-week-17-vs-seahawks

Interesting. Obviously, a Warner extension will be coming too. 

That list doesn't surprise me. I was telling @Forge a few days ago that those are going to really be the only guys they want to bring back while filling the gaps with minimum type of players. Only one I wasn't sure about was Juice and that has to do with what they think about Hokit and if he can do similar things to what Juice can do.

That's maybe why they will be fine just restructuring Jimmy's deal to free up 11M and be fine with that. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That list doesn't surprise me. I was telling @Forge a few days ago that those are going to really be the only guys they want to bring back while filling the gaps with minimum type of players. Only one I wasn't sure about was Juice and that has to do with what they think about Hokit and if he can do similar things to what Juice can do.

That's maybe why they will be fine just restructuring Jimmy's deal to free up 11M and be fine with that. 

Yep, same here. Juice is the only one I'm a little surprised by