Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

PFF is predicting we re-sign these four played:

T Williams - 4 years 80M, 62.5M guaranteed 

Verrett - 2 years 10M

Tartt - 2 years 9M

K. Williams - 2 years 8M

I would be ecstatic with this outcome but think these figures are a bit low for everyone aside from Trent. 

Yeah, Verrett could easily get double that. Maybe a touch more. The injury history is, of course, concerning. But he's been a top, top player whenever healthy. And if Jimmie Ward can have two healthy seasons, pretty much anyone can. I'd love K'Waun back, but I can't see that as the figure. Maybe I'm wrong. Nickel corners are still undervalued, but quality defenders on noted defensive powerhouses aren't. And I don't care one way or the other on Tartt. 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

PFF is predicting we re-sign these four played:

T Williams - 4 years 80M, 62.5M guaranteed 

Verrett - 2 years 10M

Tartt - 2 years 9M

K. Williams - 2 years 8M

I would be ecstatic with this outcome but think these figures are a bit low for everyone aside from Trent. 

I wouldn’t mind letting Tartt walk though, he can’t stay healthy. Plus what about Mosley? I would imagine he won’t be that expensive. 

• Like 1

Forgot, they also have us signing Malik Hooker to a 1 year 2M deal. He's obviously not worth any big contract but the classic low risk, high reward player. Our goal should be to get as many injury prone safeties as possible so when one is hurt, you can plug the other...until he gets hurt and then you plug in the other lol. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forgot, they also have us signing Malik Hooker to a 1 year 2M deal. He's obviously not worth any big contract but the classic low risk, high reward player. Our goal should be to get as many injury prone safeties as possible so when one is hurt, you can plug the other...until he gets hurt and then you plug in the other lol. 

On that front i really hope they will keep the IR-rules like they where this year.

14 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly i am fine either way with Tartt. Unless we sign him for something big i am fine keeping him because when healthy he is such a solid piece to have back there. Biggest problem is he is more injury prone than Ward.

At some point, you just have to let those guys go who can't stay heathy. We can't be upset about the health issues the team has to endure and then continue to work with guys we know can't stay healthy. At some point, that's on the team. If it were one year, that's one thing....but it's every year with him. I'd rather just move on. 

Problem is, he's a damn fine tackler lol. It's hard to find guys who tackle as well as he and Ward back there. The rest of his game is fairly replaceable I think by an average guy...but that tackling is tough. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No reason to scrap the IR rule to be honest. And with a 17 game season, you are going to have more injuries anyways.

For sure plus the old rules is just plain bad for players and teams. 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

At some point, you just have to let those guys go who can't stay heathy. We can't be upset about the health issues the team has to endure and then continue to work with guys we know can't stay healthy. At some point, that's on the team. If it were one year, that's one thing....but it's every year with him. I'd rather just move on. 

Problem is, he's a damn fine tackler lol. It's hard to find guys who tackle as well as he and Ward back there. The rest of his game is fairly replaceable I think by an average guy...but that tackling is tough. 

Thats why i am fine letting him go(possibly the option i prefer). But if we sign him for a 2 year 9 mil deal i won't be upset about having him back for the games he will be able to play. Just when you keep him you don't settle for Marcell Harris as a back-up. I think his soundness and overall feel for the game is above average. You will almost never see Tartt taking a bad angle or miss his assignment. Can you replace him with someone else 100% but when healthy i wouldn't hesitate putting him as a top 10 SS. Other guys might get flashier stats in terms of Ints and fumbles but also have more negative plays which with Tartt rarely happens.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2020-san-francisco-49ers-blame-game

The Draft Network's article on what went wrong with the 49ers in 2020.

The obvious: Injuries

The surprising factor: Shanahan. TDN says Shanny regressed and isn't as good as what some may think. 

I think that's extremely hard to say when you've only had a quality starting QB for 1 full season. I have to think if the team was healthy this year, we'd be as good or better than last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I get why Williams would prefer to hit the market and see what other teams will be offering him but I think it is pretty much given he will be returning next season. The question is at what type of contract? 

My guess
giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2020-san-francisco-49ers-blame-game

The Draft Network's article on what went wrong with the 49ers in 2020.

The obvious: Injuries

The surprising factor: Shanahan. TDN says Shanny regressed and isn't as good as what some may think. 

I think that's extremely hard to say when you've only had a quality starting QB for 1 full season. I have to think if the team was healthy this year, we'd be as good or better than last season.

Their reasoning for it is pretty atrocious. Kyle has not regressed and I really REALLY resent the notion that any one player or coach is responsible for a Superbowl loss. Especially against a team that may (and should) end up becoming a dynasty. edit: And it basically went to to the last 5 minutes of the game. OBVIOUSLY everyone shares blame in that loss, but ******* seriously, people love to jerk it to Shanny being a horrible big game coach. Both games were against elite teams with elite QB's and their were multiple failures from all units that lead to the end result happening NEAR the end..

Triggered. I love TDN for the most part but lazy af journalism. 

Edited by John232