Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

On 1/11/2021 at 7:17 PM, 49ersfan said:

Kyle Shanahan has been our HC for 4 seasons. He was the last HC hired in his hiring cycle due to coaching in the SB. He's already the tenth most tenured HC 

1. Bill Billichek, Patriots

2. Sean Payton, Saints

3. Mike Tomlin, Steelers

4. John Harbaugh, Ravens

5. Pete Carroll, Seahawks

6. Andy Reid, Chiefs

7. Mike Zimmer, Vikings

8. Sean McDermott, Bills

9. Sean McVay, Rams

10. Kyle Shanahan, 49ers

Wow

"NFL owners approved a proposal that will reward teams for developing minority coaches and front office executives who go on to become head coaches and general managers for other organizations, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday."

Washington is interviewing Martin Mayhew for their GM job. If he lands it, I believe it counts for two more third round picks for us. Not a fan of losing so much of our front office...but...

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

"NFL owners approved a proposal that will reward teams for developing minority coaches and front office executives who go on to become head coaches and general managers for other organizations, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday."

Washington is interviewing Martin Mayhew for their GM job. If he lands it, I believe it counts for two more third round picks for us. Not a fan of losing so much of our front office...but...

Just one more. We would get 3rd round pick in 2023 if Mayhew is hired. 

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

Maybe if it was just Bosa, but the proposals I saw floating around were Bosa multiple firsts and other early picks. That's far too rich for my blood. Remember that Watson has had 2 ACLs himself. What happens if he nukes his knee again? Then we're out a starting QB multiple high picks and the best defensive player we've had around for quite some time. It's kind of funny to me that folks around here are so quick to criticize our FO for taking guys with an injury history, but are completely ignoring it in this case. I understand the value of a franchise QB, but multiple 1st round picks, Bosa (All-Pro talent at an extremely valuable position), and other high picks is betting a lot on Watson staying healthy. That's a lot of eggs in the Watson basket. I would rather take some of those picks it would require to get Watson to move up and take a shot at a rookie QB on a cheap contract while keeping Bosa and some of our other picks that would be gone to get Watson. I'm all about it if the price is right, but what I've seen floated is just too much for me. 

If I were the Texans, I'd be asking 4 first round picks. That's the value it has to start at. Guys like Tunsil and Adams can't go for 2 and then Watson just for one more. But as an opponent, I'd also be compromising that down just a tad. 

But, that's just a value. Like, if you're Miami / Jets and you give up 2 or 3, that already counts for two of your first round picks. Same thing with Bosa...he has to count for 2 first round picks, otherwise the conversation is over. So Bosa + 12 is an easy yes for me. I'd prefer to keep him, but I'll take the elite QB over the DE + 1st, that's just simple for me. He's about to get paid too because he can get paid after this upcoming season and his expected contract will be more than Jimmy is currently getting paid lol.  But adding on top of that gets tricky. Would I be willing to? eh...like maybe a future second? I think Bosa + #12 + 2022 2nd round pick is good. I'll throw in Jimmy if they want as a bridge type. 

The hot take of all hot takes...I think I'd rather listen to Cohn's opinions than David Lombardi's. I like Lombardi's stats, and he's good with the info....but his actual takes I just do not support. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Forge said:

The hot take of all hot takes...I think I'd rather listen to Cohn's opinions than David Lombardi's. I like Lombardi's stats, and he's good with the info....but his actual takes I just do not support. 

They bring up good points but both just take it to the extreme....One with his hot takes, the other with his homer takes. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They bring up good points but both just take it to the extreme....One with his hot takes, the other with his homer takes. 

That really is the crux of it

I hope Saleh goes to the Jaguars, Texans, or Chargers. I like all three of those teams. 

It would suck for him to end up with the Jets, Eagles, or Lions. 

BTW, not sure if this was already covered, but Trent Williams and Fred Warner made the first team for PFF's annual All Pro Team:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-pro-team-aaron-rodgers-davante-adams-aaron-donald-and-t-j-watt-highlight-pffs-all-pro-roster

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I hope Saleh goes to the Jaguars, Texans, or Chargers. I like all three of those teams. 

It would suck for him to end up with the Jets, Eagles, or Lions. 

BTW, not sure if this was already covered, but Trent Williams and Fred Warner made the first team for PFF's annual All Pro Team:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-pro-team-aaron-rodgers-davante-adams-aaron-donald-and-t-j-watt-highlight-pffs-all-pro-roster

Why are you out on the Jets or Lions? 

Not sure I want him anywhere near that Texans mess under Littlefinger. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Why are you out on the Jets or Lions? 

Not sure I want him anywhere near that Texans mess under Littlefinger. 

Those three teams are just may adopted teams after the 49ers. Also, at least Saleh will have a sure thing in Watson, who is a superstar QB that is still young. Granted though, their front office situation is a mess with Jack Easterby as the maestro. If I had to rank the ones I wanted for Saleh in order it would be Chargers, Jaguars, Texans. 

29 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Those three teams are just may adopted teams after the 49ers. Also, at least Saleh will have a sure thing in Watson, who is a superstar QB that is still young. Granted though, their front office situation is a mess with Jack Easterby as the maestro. If I had to rank the ones I wanted for Saleh in order it would be Chargers, Jaguars, Texans. 

Jags, Chargers, then Jets for me. Don’t want to see him go to a dumpster fire like Philly or Houston.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If I were the Texans, I'd be asking 4 first round picks. That's the value it has to start at. Guys like Tunsil and Adams can't go for 2 and then Watson just for one more. But as an opponent, I'd also be compromising that down just a tad. 

But, that's just a value. Like, if you're Miami / Jets and you give up 2 or 3, that already counts for two of your first round picks. Same thing with Bosa...he has to count for 2 first round picks, otherwise the conversation is over. So Bosa + 12 is an easy yes for me. I'd prefer to keep him, but I'll take the elite QB over the DE + 1st, that's just simple for me. He's about to get paid too because he can get paid after this upcoming season and his expected contract will be more than Jimmy is currently getting paid lol.  But adding on top of that gets tricky. Would I be willing to? eh...like maybe a future second? I think Bosa + #12 + 2022 2nd round pick is good. I'll throw in Jimmy if they want as a bridge type. 

I have no problem with that asking price for the Texans. What I’m saying is I’m not willing to give up our best young player plus multiple premium picks for a guy that also has a fairly extensive injury history. Bosa and our 1st this year would be hard to swallow but I suppose I would consider that, but you start talking about additional firsts and second round picks and I’m out. I’d rather just package our first with picks to move up and draft a QB. 

• Like 1

Watson isn't going anywhere anyway. If rather focus on getting Stafford. That's at least somewhat feasible 😂😂

But seriously .. Zach Wilson? Can we just make that happen?

• Like 3