Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I am hesitant of anyone from their front office just because of all of the scandals with the previous regime. We don't need any controversy here. 

I have no idea if Kyle smith knew about or participated in any of it, but it's a fair question to ask 

Fair point. I think I'm a little more lenient in that regard for a person in that position and believe it just starts at the top.  Would I like if he were complicit in terms of a participant? No, definitely not. Do I think that he would be the one who led that type of behavior for that regime? Definitely not. So if we are not doing that here, then I don't feel like he would be a problem here either. Weird sort of line to draw, I know. 

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

You think this year's first and more is worth maybe two years of Stafford? Just curious...

I've been the biggest proponent of acquiring stafford...and I won't hate it if we do. One, I think you're looking at 4-5 years as opposed to 2. At #12 its been big hits and big misses, but a few more hits than misses, so I still value that pick fairly highly, but you're probably around 40% that your #12 doesn't hit his second contract with the team over the last decade. 

That being said.. .the value is fine. Giving up #12 for a QB that I feel is as talented as I believe Stafford is? Even at 5 years, I get it. But my preference is next year's number 1 or two seconds. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...there is merit to this. If you trade for him early, he probably comes with an extension and restructuring which means that his first year cap hit probably comes in at less than 5 for us. That opens a ton of money to plug some of these holes. You're talking 20 million or close to it. And we have access to that at the start of free agency. That's a big deal. So I can see how this type of trade makes a ton of sense at the "all in" level. 

• Like 2