Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've been the biggest proponent of acquiring stafford...and I won't hate it if we do. One, I think you're looking at 4-5 years as opposed to 2. At #12 its been big hits and big misses, but a few more hits than misses, so I still value that pick fairly highly, but you're probably around 40% that your #12 doesn't hit his second contract with the team over the last decade. 

That being said.. .the value is fine. Giving up #12 for a QB that I feel is as talented as I believe Stafford is? Even at 5 years, I get it. But my preference is next year's number 1 or two seconds. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...there is merit to this. If you trade for him early, he probably comes with an extension and restructuring which means that his first year cap hit probably comes in at less than 5 for us. That opens a ton of money to plug some of these holes. You're talking 20 million or close to it. And we have access to that at the start of free agency. That's a big deal. So I can see how this type of trade makes a ton of sense at the "all in" level. 

So...basically in a nutshell. 

Would prefer not to give up 12. Give out two seconds or next year's first. Will not be upset if the trade is Stafford for #12 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW, I do believe that it would take #12. I think that there are too many teams below  us that would be willing to move their first round pick for him. Chicago, Indy, Washington...they should have no problem with that. 

Good thing is the lions won't trade him to the bears lol I agree tho colts, WFT, pats are options. We do have better pick then them. If we want Stafford I'd assume we can get him with 12th pick unless lions only want to trade him to the AFC. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW, I do believe that it would take #12. I think that there are too many teams below  us that would be willing to move their first round pick for him. Chicago, Indy, Washington...they should have no problem with that. 

Yea I agree. Would hate to lose #12 but there are a ton of teams in the market for his services so it doesn't seem plausible that we would be able to keep it.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Yea I agree. Would hate to lose #12 but there are a ton of teams in the market for his services so it doesn't seem plausible that we would be able to keep it.

Yeah one of those rookies would be nice but they know we can't keep waiting on a QB....

Twitter has mentioned NE but I highly doubt he'd want to go back and be in the same sidelines as Patricia.

Washington makes sense too because of the Mayhew connection but I'm sure Stafford will have a say at where he goes.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm super excited for Stafford to come here and be on IR for 10 games behind one of the worst pass blocking OLs in the NFL 

Dude is a gamer. He doesn't miss a lot of games but he's older now and he's always banged up. It's a slam dunk from a fit perspective etc etc but the injury concern is real 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I'm super excited for Stafford to come here and be on IR for 10 games behind one of the worst pass blocking OLs in the NFL 

Dude is a gamer. He doesn't miss a lot of games but he's older now and he's always banged up. It's a slam dunk from a fit perspective etc etc but the injury concern is real 

It is I would hope we would sign Trent back and get Mack. Look at upgrading one the guard spots and better depth all around.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

And this is where it gets concerning...because you have to cap the number at which you are willing to give up at some point. A lot of people are throwing out that it will take more than just a first rounder even for a team like us.