Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I'm super excited for Stafford to come here and be on IR for 10 games behind one of the worst pass blocking OLs in the NFL 

Dude is a gamer. He doesn't miss a lot of games but he's older now and he's always banged up. It's a slam dunk from a fit perspective etc etc but the injury concern is real 

Have you watched much of Detroit? Serious question cause their pass blocking has been pretty bad for most of his career. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Have you watched much of Detroit? Serious question cause their pass blocking has been pretty bad for most of his career. 

Right, and Stafford has been beat up his entire career. Lots of miles on that body 

He probably would benefit from getting the ball out of his hands earlier. I would be pumped to finally have a legit deep passing game also 

So likely options are trade up for one of Wilson/Fields, trade for Watson/Stafford, or roll back with Jimmy G and take a QB to develop like Lance.

Trade-up or trade for a vet is gona be hella expensive....wonder if Shanny & Lynch will balk at the prices and just stand pat at 12 to take Lance. Or, take a CB/DE at 12 and try to trade up for Lance at the end of round 1, similar to the Packers with Love, to get that 5th option year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Right, and Stafford has been beat up his entire career. Lots of miles on that body 

He probably would benefit from getting the ball out of his hands earlier. I would be pumped to finally have a legit deep passing game also 

Stafford is better at understanding his pocket than Jimmy, so there is that. 

• Like 1

The only way I see us trading for Stafford is if we can unload Jimmy. Specially since the Lions want “at least a first” for him. 

As much as I would want to trade for Watson giving up multiple 1st/2nd is not an option for me. Best case scenario we get the Super Bowl and players demand huge contracts we can’t pay and can’t fill the spots with draft picks. Salary cap hell with no picks will put you in a whole fast. 

17 minutes ago, GoLDRuSh47 said:

The only way I see us trading for Stafford is if we can unload Jimmy. Specially since the Lions want “at least a first” for him. 

As much as I would want to trade for Watson giving up multiple 1st/2nd is not an option for me. Best case scenario we get the Super Bowl and players demand huge contracts we can’t pay and can’t fill the spots with draft picks. Salary cap hell with no picks will put you in a whole fast. 

The Rams haven't had a first round pick since 2016, don't have one this year, and are a missed fg against Seattle last year from being 4 for 4 on the playoffs since 2017

Giving up a first and maybe more wouldn't bankrupt the franchise

• Like 1