Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I don't buy Albright's saying that age isn't a factor. Adams was 24 at the time of the trade, Stafford will be 33. That will decrease his value.And if thats the asking price, than i'd pass. 

Personally, i'm willing to start with the 12th pick and go on from there. Might take an extra pick and/or player

Adams trade was also a gross overpay IMO. 

I think Carson is the most viable comp. The second pick was conditional

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

How tied in is this guy? 

That's what started this. He was the first to break it anything regarding Stafford, so I'm inclined to put stock in it. He put that out, everyone mocked him (apparently in the past he has not been reliable), but a few hours later the news broke that the Lions / Stafford are parting ways. Because of the timing, I'm inclined to believe that we were at least talking, but I don't think that would be super shocking at all, so I don't think it means a ton. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's what started this. He was the first to break it anything regarding Stafford, so I'm inclined to put stock in it. He put that out, everyone mocked him (apparently in the past he has not been reliable), but a few hours later the news broke that the Lions / Stafford are parting ways. Because of the timing, I'm inclined to believe that we were at least talking, but I don't think that would be super shocking at all, so I don't think it means a ton. 

Interesting. I’ve never heard of him. I’m always a little skeptical of things like this from people who aren’t big time or tied into the team the rumor is about. But, he could have a contact on the inside, who knows.

If it’s a 1st and a 3rd in 2022 for stafford and we flip Jimmy to the pats for a 4th or 5th, I think I’d be cool with that.

14 hours ago, GW21 said:

Haha. Same. Not sure how you get Julio from that.

When I was growing up in the rough neighborhoods of Madrid, all my friends named Quintorris were nicknamed Julio. I don't know, it's common knowledge, like calling "Williams" Bills. 

• Like 2