Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I didn’t care for Mahomes when he was coming out. Watson was the guy for me although I didn’t think there was any way Shanny would draft him.

Same here. Watson was my qb 1 and mahomes was a project qb project I would have considered on day 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Same here. Watson was my qb 1 and mahomes was a project qb project I would have considered on day 2

Same. Watching Watson destroy my Hokies and the acc for years, I was as sure about Watson as I’ve ever been about a QB and was baffled he wasn’t in top 5 consideration.

Those quotes are infuriating tbh 

I can live with our FO doing their evaluations and deciding to not draft a QB. You aren't going to always make the right decision. To have them openly say they made up their mind before scouting these guys fully really ticks me off to no end. It's inexcusable. 

How can you make an informed decision when you don't know all of the data? This has been their MO. They get blinders on for their guys. 

FFS, we passed on these guys for Kirk cousins. Smh 

You only get a top5 pick once in a blue moon. We squandered our chance to get two generational guys, and now we are paying the price. We may decide it's too expensive this year to trade up into the top5 to get a QB, when in reality we had a completely **** season and we may not draft this high or be in a draft with this much QB talent. You only get so many shots at QBs and the longer this goes on the more we are going to regret not evening legitimately doing any scouting of these guys

It's like they are waiting for the stars to align for the perfect thing to fall into their laps. We need to be aggressive at QB. We can't sit on our hands and just pray that Jimmy figures it out. He's 30 years old. Who he is, is who he is at this point 

23 hours ago, GW21 said:

I didn’t care for Mahomes when he was coming out. Watson was the guy for me although I didn’t think there was any way Shanny would draft him.

I thought Pat was easily the most talented QB in that draft but I really wasn't sure of his draft day value, being the offense he ran in college was so gimicky and his gunslinger approach to the position. I definitely didn't think he was worth a top 10 selection so there you go...

Watson's tape his last year in college was very underwhelming for me so he had dropped a peg or two for me personally but he was probably the QB I would have taken off the board first if you put a gun to my head. 

I liked Mahomes better than I like the rest of the bunch but I thought Watson was the safer pick.

Edited by 757-NINER

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, John232 said:

Completely unrelated but Antone Exum is a musician now and he’s legit good. Did not expect it, almost like retro indie music..but worth a listen.

Yea, I saw the video for 'Dark Kept Secret' a couple of weeks ago....did not know that was him. Not bad at all.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Being at Texas Tech, I was not high on Mahomie at all. 

Unfortunately, the one QB I carried a torch for was Trubs....mea culpa! 

This was the guy I figured Shanny would like the most. I didn't think he'd want to get a mobile QB like Watson after what happened with RGIII. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:30 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who is reporting that?

@nflrums on Twitter.. not super credible but they have been right on a lot of signings this year... If Sherm isn't getting the big 3 year deal he's looking for, it would make a lot of sense to just come back on another 1 year deal a la DJ, KWaun, etc

3 hours ago, adamq said:

@nflrums on Twitter.. not super credible but they have been right on a lot of signings this year... If Sherm isn't getting the big 3 year deal he's looking for, it would make a lot of sense to just come back on another 1 year deal a la DJ, KWaun, etc

I saw that they said he might sign after the draft, but I didn't read it as he might resign with SF after the draft. Maybe I missed a tweet.