Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

20 minutes ago, adamq said:

Do we know why the Niners are holding on to so much cap space? 

I'm not sure how much space we currently have but I know Warner's extension might have something to do it with. Doubt they'll attach a big cap hit the this year but depending on what happens to Jimmy they could structure it to where we could be players in free agency next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm not sure how much space we currently have but I know Warner's extension might have something to do it with. Doubt they'll attach a big cap hit the this year but depending on what happens to Jimmy they could structure it to where we could be players in free agency next year.

According to overthecap.com we are top 10 in space with 18.5M.. obviously that goes way up if/when Jimmy is traded.. I'm hoping they are holding out for Sherman 

25 minutes ago, adamq said:

Do we know why the Niners are holding on to so much cap space? 

Would guess a combination of planning for next year and having room to make some inseason moves if needed. And offcourse Warners extension which will be costly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, adamq said:

According to overthecap.com we are top 10 in space with 18.5M.. obviously that goes way up if/when Jimmy is traded.. I'm hoping they are holding out for Sherman 

I think there is a solid chance we bring back Sherman if we don't go corner in the first few rounds.

But at least 7-8M will be used on rookies, 4M or so on Warner's extension and then you need some for in season moves. Obviously everything changes if Jimmy is moved.

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think there is a solid chance we bring back Sherman if we don't go corner in the first few rounds.

But at least 7-8M will be used on rookies, 4M or so on Warner's extension and then you need some for in season moves. Obviously everything changes if Jimmy is moved.

I think a big part of it is Bosa as well. We have Warner up after this year and Bosa is eligible for an extension as well. making this move allows us to keep our top two defensive player - and two of our top four players on the team - while upgrading our QB spot.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously I would love that to but I'm still expecting Gilmore in a SF uniform by the weekend lol. 

Same.. I threw out the idea for a Jimmy for Gilmore trade a couple months ago and now it's gaining some traction on twitter. 

To me this team really needs at least one more high quality receiver.. hopefully they get one at 43 and can take care of CB via Gilmore or Sherm