Jump to content

Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, GW21 said:

With you 100%. I think this rule change is dumb. I’m sure I’ll get over it and not notice it in a few years. I’m of the mindset, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ and I think this is just another gimmick for the league to make more money or something.

It's a way to make money and make players happy that will cost absolutely nothing to me, and won't really change the product on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

It's a way to make money and make players happy that will cost absolutely nothing to me, and won't really change the product on the field.

It will if you believe Brady 😉 . Seriously though, I don't think it will impact the product on the field too much. I guess it's just annoying to me for a couple of reasons:
1- This seems like a total money grab - Are they going to reimburse or replace the jerseys the fans dropped a bunch of money on? A person can spend $300+ for a jersey; that is a big deal for some kids and families, where it will only increase profits for an NFL franchise, Nike, and probably the players who are already super well off. 
2- I liked the fact that it was something that kind of made the professional league different. Kind of paralleled to real life a bit; in college you can fart around outside of structure a little bit, but then you get to a professional level you have to work within the structure of your employer.

LIS, it probably won't make a difference and I'll get used to it, just think it's lame all around. I'm probably just being a grumpy 31 year old (is that considered an old man?)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GW21 said:

It will if you believe Brady 😉 . Seriously though, I don't think it will impact the product on the field too much. I guess it's just annoying to me for a couple of reasons:
1- This seems like a total money grab - Are they going to reimburse or replace the jerseys the fans dropped a bunch of money on? A person can spend $300+ for a jersey; that is a big deal for some kids and families, where it will only increase profits for an NFL franchise, Nike, and probably the players who are already super well off. 
2- I liked the fact that it was something that kind of made the professional league different. Kind of paralleled to real life a bit; in college you can fart around outside of structure a little bit, but then you get to a professional level you have to work within the structure of your employer.

LIS, it probably won't make a difference and I'll get used to it, just think it's lame all around. I'm probably just being a grumpy 31 year old (is that considered an old man?)

Then again, who's to blame... if you spend $300 on a jersey, it's still the player who decides to change his number. The league only lets him do it. And it doesn't forbid you from wearing the old jersey with the wrong number. If I go to a niner game in person, I might still wear my Andy Lee jersey, and he's not even on the team anymore, let alone wearing another number. Does it really take away from your enjoyment of the jersey, or are you suddenly even more of a badass old school fan for having his old jersey number, confirming you've been a fan of the guy for many years. If I see a fan with an old school niners uniform, tip of the cap to you sir! If I see someone with a Dwight Clark jersey, respect! Even if Clark resurrected, came back to play and wore #7, thousands would still proudly wear their 87 jerseys to games. 

Leave the grumpiness to our legit old man, oldman. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Then again, who's to blame... if you spend $300 on a jersey, it's still the player who decides to change his number. The league only lets him do it. And it doesn't forbid you from wearing the old jersey with the wrong number. If I go to a niner game in person, I might still wear my Andy Lee jersey, and he's not even on the team anymore, let alone wearing another number. Does it really take away from your enjoyment of the jersey, or are you suddenly even more of a badass old school fan for having his old jersey number, confirming you've been a fan of the guy for many years. If I see a fan with an old school niners uniform, tip of the cap to you sir! If I see someone with a Dwight Clark jersey, respect! Even if Clark resurrected, came back to play and wore #7, thousands would still proudly wear their 87 jerseys to games. 

Leave the grumpiness to our legit old man, oldman. ;)

It’s probably just a little bit of OCD on my part as well. I like everything to be uniform (pun intended). I’m big on things like the toilet paper has to come from the top of the roll and things of that nature. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GW21 said:

It’s probably just a little bit of OCD on my part as well. I like everything to be uniform (pun intended). I’m big on things like the toilet paper has to come from the top of the roll and things of that nature. 

Just to be clear, by top of the roll, you mean the paper hangs away from the wall, not on the wall-side of the roll, like a prehistoric animal, right?

And I get the OCD angle. It's one I hadn't considered. I've been annoyed by players making simple number changes, like from 27 to 24, or something like that, because it takes me some time to get used to it. I guess I felt the extreme novelty of a single digit number didn't seem as confusing to me. Like who TF is #2?! Oh right, that's [insert player name]. Whereas 27 to 24, I'll be looking for the player's name for days.

Let's get rid of numbers. I vote for shapes. "Who's dodecagon playing for Jets?!" Or "I'll buy your triangle from you. You can wear heptagon. It's cool shape, bruh. Every kid wants to be heptagon these days."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Harbaugh used to practice the team hard and there were less injuries. After him, all the coaches have toned down the practices but in 2014 we moved into the new stadium so I wonder if that has something to do with it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones. 

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones, 32, if they're willing to part with valuable 2022 draft picks. A healthy Jones would prove a marked upgrade for Carson Wentz and a Colts' receiver group led by fading veteran T.Y. Hilton. Jones has a $23 million cap hit in 2021 and a $20 million hit the following two years. New Atlanta general manager Terry Fontenot has pointedly not shot down Julio trade rumors, saying in April that the Falcons will "answer calls on any players." “When teams ask about players, we have to answer those calls and we have to listen because we do have to, we knew when we stepped into this we were going to have to make some tough decisions because it is just the reality of it," Fontenot added. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones. 

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones, 32, if they're willing to part with valuable 2022 draft picks. A healthy Jones would prove a marked upgrade for Carson Wentz and a Colts' receiver group led by fading veteran T.Y. Hilton. Jones has a $23 million cap hit in 2021 and a $20 million hit the following two years. New Atlanta general manager Terry Fontenot has pointedly not shot down Julio trade rumors, saying in April that the Falcons will "answer calls on any players." “When teams ask about players, we have to answer those calls and we have to listen because we do have to, we knew when we stepped into this we were going to have to make some tough decisions because it is just the reality of it," Fontenot added. 

With what picks would we even give up for Julio? A trade for him would mean Jimmy being traded away or released and I don't see that happening.

#FakeNews! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how much an aging WR will yield. Even a GOAT like Julio. I think I would. Definitely ok to part with a second, but not much more. I would also do Deebo and a 4th (would do a third but we don't have one, maybe conditional pick?) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John232 said:

I'm not sure how much an aging WR will yield. Even a GOAT like Julio. I think I would. Definitely ok to part with a second, but not much more. I would also do Deebo and a 4th (would do a third but we don't have one, maybe conditional pick?) 

We should still have our third. We traded the Saleh 3rd to move up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I'm surprised. He's a guy I like having on the practice squad. Now the RB depth chart is:

1. Mostert

2. Wilson

3. Sermon

4. Mitchell

5. Gallman

6. Hasty

We're losing one or two good backs this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...