Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

On 5/17/2021 at 2:14 PM, 49ersfan said:

I grew up watching Ed McCaffrey, Ricky Prohel, Chad Beebe, Asante Samuel, Patrick Surtain, Antoine Winfield Joe Horn etc etc

Wild to see all their sons in the NFL now....makes me feel old.  

Don't forget Orlando Brown x2.

• Like 1

Doesn't even make sense for the Niners since we won't be throwing much with Lance early on. Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle is MORE than enough. Just need to shore up the 3rd WR spot and someone who can step in if Deebo gets dinged up.

What would he cost anyways? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Doesn't even make sense for the Niners since we won't be throwing much with Lance early on. Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle is MORE than enough. Just need to shore up the 3rd WR spot and someone who can step in if Deebo gets dinged up.

What would he cost anyways? 

Sanu cost a 2nd. imagine if Julio fetched less than that.. 😂

26 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sanu cost a 2nd. imagine if Julio fetched less than that.. 😂

It's not really apples to apples. Sanu was traded in-season during the deadline, which always inflates the price. The Pats definitely overpaid for Sanu, but desperation is hard to overcome at the deadline.

Julio, now 32, coming off of a hamstring injury and having a pretty sizeable contract could affect his price. He's not going to command a huge package because of all of this, IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

What did he suggest as the compensation? (no athletic subscription) 

The 49ers no longer hold first-round picks in the next two drafts, hence their offer of a 2022 second-round selection, conditional on Jones playing at least 12 games, plus a 2023 third-rounder. The 49ers have two compensatory picks for the Jets hiring Robert Saleh as head coach and Washington hiring Martin Mayhew as general manager.

The 49ers will have to offer more draft capital than their competitors if Atlanta is to take on that $5 million chunk of Jones’ salary. — David Lombardi

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

The 49ers no longer hold first-round picks in the next two drafts, hence their offer of a 2022 second-round selection, conditional on Jones playing at least 12 games, plus a 2023 third-rounder. The 49ers have two compensatory picks for the Jets hiring Robert Saleh as head coach and Washington hiring Martin Mayhew as general manager.

The 49ers will have to offer more draft capital than their competitors if Atlanta is to take on that $5 million chunk of Jones’ salary. — David Lombardi

More offers from other teams that could be interested"

New England Patriots

The offer: Receiver N’Keal Harry and a conditional third-round pick that will become a second-rounder if Jones plays at least 15 games.

Baltimore Ravens

The offer: A 2022 second-round pick, a 2022 fourth-round pick and receiver Miles Boykin.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

More offers from other teams that could be interested"

New England Patriots

The offer: Receiver N’Keal Harry and a conditional third-round pick that will become a second-rounder if Jones plays at least 15 games.

Baltimore Ravens

The offer: A 2022 second-round pick, a 2022 fourth-round pick and receiver Miles Boykin.

Honestly if we did make a move, and what Allbright said about us not being thrilled with Deebo is true, I would think he would be included in a package to get Julio. I'm not sure why we wouldn't be high on Deebo, other than possibly his injuries last year, but Allbright is usually right from what I've seen. If we have no intention on bringing Deebo back after his rookie contract, I suppose I would be fine incorporating him into a deal. Deebo is definitely better than both Harry and Boykin. Hopefully Allbright is wrong about Deebo though because he is a real difference maker on our offense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Honestly if we did make a move, and what Allbright said about us not being thrilled with Deebo is true, I would think he would be included in a package to get Julio. I'm not sure why we wouldn't be high on Deebo, other than possibly his injuries last year, but Allbright is usually right from what I've seen. If we have no intention on bringing Deebo back after his rookie contract, I suppose I would be fine incorporating him into a deal. Deebo is definitely better than both Harry and Boykin. Hopefully Allbright is wrong about Deebo though because he is a real difference maker on our offense. 

Injuries and maybe his weight?

• Like 1