Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Guess the vets didn't impress.

I wouldn't have minded either Yeldon or Duke for reasons other than their ability to carry the football (Both are excellent pass catchers and I have thought Duke was pretty good in pass pro when it comes to picking up blitzes), but I'm glad that we went this route if we are looking for someone to run the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

This guy is absolutely massive

I know hes probably slimmed down some, but wowza. So large 

I read somewhere that he slimmed down this offseason to the mid-220's now. So his 4.6 speed might be a tad closer to the 4.5's now. 

Honestly, if he can take a handoff, go 5 yards, and survive, I'm down to clown.

• Like 1

“I think I would never put anything past Frank. I know if you probably give him a little heads up and some notice he’ll always be ready to work and help a team,” Shanahan said. “I thought it was a little early for that. Our guys still have a chance of playing this week. So, we looked at it as an opportunity with not having 53 on our roster to try to steal someone off someone else’s practice squad, which we did. And then try to add a practice squad guy, which we did with Chris (Thompson). So, we’ve never fully ruled that out. I don’t know exactly where he is right now, but I’ve got a number of people in here who have a relationship with him. If that time ever comes that we need to do that and he wants to do it then I would never rule it out.”

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/22/kyle-shanahan-explains-why-49ers-didnt-sign-frank-gore/?taid=614d150888b4be000154f07c&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Kyle Shanahan explains why 49ers didn't sign Frank Gore

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472l27wnda2l3gseitxc

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I love Frank Gore, but I don’t see Shanny seeing him as a fit for his offense. I’m totally down though. If nothing else it’ll teach the rest of the guys on the team what it takes to be a pro.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We sure like them former Browns slot corners lol.

Hopefully they'll give Lenior a shot in the slot and Skrine is the back-up. Skrine does have experience but is oft-injured and has dealt with his share of injuries & concussions. Would like to see them give Kirkpatrick some run on the outside and see what Lenior can do inside. Norman should be back in a week or two and we get a CB comimg off IR this week. See how versatile Lenior could be for us down the road while the opportunity has presented itself.

• 4 weeks later...

If that's true, well even at that time they should have pulled the trigger to get a 2nd round pick back. I'm assuming it would have been that year's 2nd round pick at 38th overall? Would have been a lot to put on a rookie, but Shanahan could have tried to worry about finding another quarterback later as a bridge. Really would have needed to hear the discussion. 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Well this is depressing. I would have made this trade before BB could change his mind if this was true.

There is no way we turned down a 2nd rounder for Jimmy. Even if we had a inkling that Trey needed to sit, they would traded Jimmy and grabbed the nearest vet QB with a pulse for pennies on the dollar. Hell, I'd say they make that deal for 3rd. There's absolutely no way they thought Jimmy was going to net them a first rounder. That's delusions of grandeur at its finest.

• Like 2