Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

Yeah, I don't buy that the pats offered a second. That doesn't make any sense 

We literally tried to do everything in our power to replace Garoppolo with a vet QB this off-season. Dalton, Stafford, flacco. You name it. 

Kyle has never trusted Jimmy. It's evident in his play calling. It's why we never try and score at the end of halves and why we aren't aggressive on fourth 

So we have this QB we wanted to replace for a while, have a prime spot to do it, and we pass. Yeah, not buying it 

The ONLY way this makes any sense is if it was prelance, prestafford trade. So before we had actually made the move

Reposting this here 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John232 said:

I can definitely see this team having the hubris to not make that move.

Agreed completely! Don’t forget they had 2019 vibes….ahhhhhh Lynch your killing me! 

Just gotta laugh at this stuff! It’s depressing if true lol 

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

He followed it up with the fact that he and BB never spoke about Jimmy Garoppolo 

Bill is their GM. So theres no way it was legit interest or that there was an actual price thrown around without Bill being involved

If the rumor had been that the Pats offered a fourth, I might have considered it. But a second? There's no way we're turning it down. We would have looked for another veteran QB to start while Trey got up to speed. But getting a second for Jimmy would have made the trade we made for him a wash. That's a win.

7 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

If the rumor had been that the Pats offered a fourth, I might have considered it. But a second? There's no way we're turning it down. We would have looked for another veteran QB to start while Trey got up to speed. But getting a second for Jimmy would have made the trade we made for him a wash. That's a win.

Agreed. That would have been insane if we passed on that. I do recall reading something this offseason that Shanny was pissed when Dalton signed with the Bears. It sounded to me like he really wanted to get out from under Jimmy's contract, have a cheaper bridge guy, then move Lance into the starting lineup a lot quicker. 

I'd 100% buy that we passed on a second. Doesn't mean that it happened, but I wouldn't doubt it if only because I understand how that would happen and I wouldn't blame them for not taking it. Would I? Of course...but I've never been hugely bullish on Jimmy as most know. I get why they sould say no though.

I definitely am far more likely to believe that we passed up a second than we only got offered a 6th (reminder that Flacco got traded for a 4th two years ago with a bloated contract that had to be restructured). 

One, if Jimmy is healthy and just borderline competent as an average starter this year, he returns twice that in a trade. Probably looking at something like two seconds. Maybe a conditional future first. As fans, we always under value the returns on Qbs who may just be okay. 

Two, Wickersham isn't noted as being a hack. He's an investigative journalist. I believe he's the one that brought up the issues with Seattle team years ago, and also brought up the Brady / Jimmy / BB / Kraft friction a couple of years back. He's been tied into that team for a while. Doesn't mean his source is correct, and he's been put on blast by some people since his revelation, but I do believe that his track record deserves a little more credit even if the compensation offered seems too good to be true from a fan perspective.  

Three, if the plan was always to draft  Lance, and we see how the team is in no hurry to play him, then it makes sense that we would want more value as trading Jimmy hurts us at that point. He had legit value to us for this upcoming year (to the staff, in theory). There were no back up plans. Dalton had signed. Tyrod too. Darnold had already been traded. Cam was already signed.  If we trade Jimmy, you almost have to go with Trey as a starter.  The only other option would have been Minshew, but he wasn't traded until far later when the Jags had signed and played CJ Beathard. We could have blown them out of the water with an offer I suppose, but there are other variables in play such as whether or not we even liked him. So we have a team that we believe is geared not only to compete for a playoff spot, but a super bowl, and we are going to blow that opportunity up for a second if the plan was to draft and sit Trey? The best option would have been Philip Rivers, who retired (but is keeping an eye open). If I hear that we had dialogue with him about playing this year, then maybe I start to throw some cold water on the idea that we played a little too much hardball on the trade floor, but as it stands, I could definitely see how we would do that. 

Whether or not it happened, who is to say. Bottom line is he wasn't traded and we will likely never 100% know the truth. You can really just pick something to believe. But it honestly doesn't matter to me because I think you can justify it even if it is true and if it's not, then it doesn't matter regardless. So it's all kind of the same. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 6:20 PM, 757-NINER said:

I still don't understand what Lenoir did to fall completely out of the depth chart to begin with. 

He blew two coverages early on? Out of over a hundred snaps? The rest of the time he was practically lights out, and almost came up with a couple of interceptions... So "benching" him was a huge overreaction, to me. Had he played all the way throughm he'd perhaps be our best starter right now, in my opinion.

• Like 1