VERNON HARGREAVES HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED

ARTMONK HOF

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

What do we have to lose by giving him a shot. 

His contract is too expensive to claim him off waivers.  I expect no one will claim him then he will sign with whoever he wants.  If we want to offer him at vet min at that point I’d be ok with it.

• Like 1

Don't we effectively get a mulligan on Williams' salary cap hit now? 

Redskins have 42 million in cap space, per sportsrac. I don't think a cap hit is a worthwhile reason to not bring him in here. 

Work ethic, talent, inability to learn NFL defenses …. all valid. Cap space is not. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Why hasn’t Norman been released yet? Lots of similarities 

I'd be willing to bet that it's less of a cap hit to release him in the offseason. Which is fine. At this point, Norman's simply a body and I don't think you'll find someone better to fill in for him.

Bigger question is why are there no long term deals done with this much cap space. Could have front loaded a Scherff deal. Six years, 80 million, with 35 million paid this season would go a long way to success in 2021 and beyond. 20 million towards Jonathan Allen and 20 million towards Scherff would be even better.